Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Concerning motion blur

(1/3) > >>

cathor:
I have a couple of questions about motion blur.

- Is object motion blur unstable in a6 rc5 or is it my scene that needs to be cleaned? Get random crashes upon rendering with object motion blur enabled.

- Can't find motion vector multipass. Is this a planned feature. I can see if it's not a high priority as Corona seems to be targeted mainly for architectural stills. I do prefer to do both mb and dof in camera but sometimes a project demands those effects to be done in post.

- I understand that mograph object motion blur is in an experimental stage but I am experimenting with workarounds for a project I am working on atm. Basically I have a scene where a particle system (xparticles) is driving the motion of softbody leaves. The leaves are cloned (xparticles generator) onto the particles and deformed by some native c4d forces (wind/turbulence/friction). Pointcache is not an option as the object change pointcount as leaves are born. Alembic could work but I see a whole bunch of uv texturing issues appear down the road.
I guess the main problem is that corona cant read the motion of an object that does not have a real pointindex, such as cloners.
Any suggestions of other workflows to circumvent this limitation.

Cheers,

bgolds99:
Hi,
Just to back up these concerns with MB. Today, i had my first attempt at motion blur with Corona, and it was a success and a failure.

I have a medium size scene, around 14gb of ram. I wanted to use MB on a person and a ceiling fan, so i went about my ways to get this going. Anyway, long story short, i achieved the desired motion blur in a studio project with nothing but a curved plane and a few lights. It was really easy to setup in this project. But when i tried the same settings in my bigger scene, i get not motion-blur at all (and a whole stack of crashes).

Also, my testing revealed to me that adjusting the shutter speed of the camera made no difference to the rendered motion blur. Is this correct? Shouldn't it be that the longer the shutter, the more blur?

I'll check mantis now and see if this is a reported bug.

Cheers,
Brad.

TomG:
Do these problems still happen with RC6? Fixes to MoBlur was part of that:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14330.0.html

Thanks!
   Tom

fabio81:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2016-12-19, 14:11:05 ---Do these problems still happen with RC6? Fixes to MoBlur was part of that:

Thanks!
   Tom

--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm trying to RC6, motion blur works only on VFB? in the viewport it does not work.

cathor:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2016-12-19, 14:11:05 ---Do these problems still happen with RC6? Fixes to MoBlur was part of that:

Thanks!
   Tom

--- End quote ---

Can't say I have made any thorough tests but same scene crashed at least one time on the one workstation that had updated to RC6. But might also be my scene that is the problem in this case. A lot of rigid body/softbody simulation stuff that might screw with the calculations. Although mograph motion blur was never enabled.

Would rather not upload this particular scene file to the forum but can send it to the devs if it would be of any help.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version