Author Topic: ObjectID and Forrestpack  (Read 4906 times)

2015-10-13, 17:15:59

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
I recently discovered that Corona 1.2.1 under 3dsMax2015 isn't giving the correct OBJ-ID to the renderoutput. All Forrestpackobjects with different Object-ID will render with Object-ID=0 instead of the given Nr.

I've attached a simple test compared to vray. The Floorplates have ObjectID-0 the front FP has ID1 and the rear FP has ID2

Max 2015 SP3
Vray version 3.20.03
Corona 1.2.1
Forrestpack 4.4.1

« Last Edit: 2015-10-14, 08:23:53 by Jens_Gehrcken »

2015-10-14, 08:11:05
Reply #1

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
same with Max2016

2015-10-14, 10:53:51
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Corona does not respect the ID of the (container) forest object but the IDs of the scattered objects atm.

I like this personally because you are able to target distinct scattered objects inside the forest object. There are pros and cons of course, maybe more cons.

For example I know of no way to mask the entire forest object at once while groups automatically include their children when put in any masking element list. But maybe I missed something here.

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-10-14, 11:44:06
Reply #3

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
hmmm okay... i need to investigate that...
question is how do i change the id of the scattered objects.... specially if i use the forrestpack-presets?

2015-10-14, 14:33:18
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Have a look at your "forest_templates" layer: Preset objects are copied there (and can then be found with their name as custom object again in the Geometry rollout).

At the moment I don´t have any idea of a consistent approach to have both options (ID from Forest object vs. ID from scattered objects). But at least we need ANY method to mask a Forest object with it´s scattered objects at once (making it work to include a forest object in any masking list).

Good Luck!

2015-10-14, 14:44:42
Reply #5

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Well i played a bit around  ... still not really satisfying. The ID*s of geometry-objects will be passed through.

Even with Cmasking - manual selection.

If i only select the ForrestPack-Object in manual-selection it will also not be rendered... but if i select the "master"-geometry it will also display the FP_scattered objects in that Mask.

well it would be nice to at least the selection would work with FP object.

Currently i'm only able to get a full Mask for the FP-object to accept it under OBJ-ID=0 or to change all master-geometrys Obj-ID .... might be a bit of hassel if you have plenty different objects scattered around.

2015-10-14, 14:48:38
Reply #6

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Thanks... well at least i know now how to work around :) ... still not the simplest was.

would be great if "manual selection" would be implemented for forrestpack, so i can render out a full FP-mask instead of the scattered objects, and still keep that scattered IDs working for those who work that way.

2015-10-14, 15:05:07
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
would be great if "manual selection" would be implemented for forrestpack, so i can render out a full FP-mask instead of the scattered objects, and still keep that scattered IDs working for those who work that way.

Yipp, but the Question is: how to implement / how to make that consistent.

well it would be nice to at least the selection would work with FP object.

Exactly. That´s what I tried to point out.

Good Luck!

2015-10-17, 20:44:00
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
As mentioned, this is by design - there are 2 options there, and with no clear reason why one of them is better than the other, we will stick with leaving it unchanged
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-02, 13:31:39
Reply #9

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
After reading everything I could found about Mask/FPP/C_Mask... what is the best solution to having RE C_MASk for FPP object ?

Object ID on object
Object ID on FPP object (the "F" squarred object....?)
Else...?

Thanks, i'm a bit lost into all those solution and the different topics.

Regards
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-11, 15:05:46
Reply #10

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Well i got used to apply Object_IDs on those scattering Objects --- either all the same to have a consistens ID for the FP-object - or different IDs if i scatter chairs and tables and want different Mask for each of them.

It was more or less a learning process to overcome old habits.