Author Topic: 3dsMax 2016  (Read 14079 times)

2015-04-13, 19:51:23

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Hi i just read about upcoming release of 3dsmax 2016 http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max/introducing-3ds-max-2016

even if it lacks some details - the new physical based camera similiar to vray should be interesting.
Hope it helps solving shift and tilt - problems i currently got with corona, using vray physical camera (when heavy shift/tilt is applied)

2015-04-13, 20:14:44
Reply #1

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
You always can and you could to use Camera Correction modifer with standard max camera to tilt/shift (;

2015-04-13, 21:40:25
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hope it helps solving shift and tilt - problems i currently got with corona, using vray physical camera (when heavy shift/tilt is applied)

What are the issues with Corona using Vray's tilt/shift at the moment ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-04-13, 21:43:22
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'm guessing that you need vray installed ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-04-13, 21:58:22
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
MCG looks interesting. Apart from that i don't see anything that would make me want to leave 2014.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-04-13, 22:16:00
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Watch the xref video and try it once it's out ;) . It's the feature that will make me use 2016, even with the shitty layer explorer. It's a game changer for me.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-04-13, 22:49:29
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SE (selection explorer) has seen some major improvements. It was the thing that held me back from switching to 2015 but I actually can't wait to install 2016 and start working in it.
Also, viewport speed was greatly improved in 2015, 2016 has seen another boost so anyone getting low fps rates in 2014 will be surprised.
I am also looking forward to work with the physical camera in Corona. I prefer this over the modifier approach, should be straight forward to work with, hopefully.

2015-04-13, 23:10:09
Reply #7

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
2016 doesn't have any major updates aside from improved VP speed. No new features or anything useful. Same case for most of the 2016 product line, another year wasted.

2015-04-13, 23:41:04
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'm guessing that you need vray installed ;)

:- D Well yeah, but I know he has Vray, and judging from the sentence formulation it seems there is something wrong when using Vray's camera directly.

Interesting that it was developed by Chaos Group.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-04-14, 00:03:20
Reply #9

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it's a whole plan to replace mental ray as primary 3dsmax renderer in the future by chaos group ;)

2015-04-14, 08:23:50
Reply #10

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
yes i use vray-camera when rendering corona.

it gives me all the features for vertical and horizontal shifting and also vertical and horizontal tilting. but when using it it renders a wider camera angle than is shown in viewport. Otherwise it is working in corona as it should be - its just a bit of hassle to combine a vray rendering and the corona one - you need to scale it to fit the latter.

2015-04-14, 08:45:55
Reply #11

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
here i attached some images describing the issue.

Its not really a problem when just using one render-engine for final compositing. I knew that vray had and maybe still has some problems with showing the accurate image in max-viewport when tilting and shifting at the same time - at least in version 2.x it was this way.
And regarding their answer it was an issue on Autodesk side, they couldn't overcame within vray.

Maybe the cooperation on the 2016 new phyisical camera has overcome that issue.

2015-04-14, 09:07:35
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe the cooperation on the 2016 new phyisical camera has overcome that issue.

I wouldn't count on it :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-04-14, 09:21:31
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Which Vray version is that...? You mention 2.x, that one ?

I am using Vray cameras (3.12 SP1 ) in Corona with all their features and I never noticed such behavior at all. Now I am eager to double check but..

2015-04-14, 09:25:41
Reply #14

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
oh as far as i knew the newest version... vray 3.10.03 - at least at that time i was rendering that project (early march).
Corona was version 1.00.01 at that time

i also use max 2015 design (working mostly good with my workflow - despite that layer explorer glitches)

I mentioned vray 2.x ... as at that time i discoverd a broken viewport when using tilt/shift at the same time. And regarding chaosgroups answers that time it was a fault on autodesk side... havent paid attention to that detail anymore and lived with the result given in renderoutput. (cropped it in post then)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-14, 09:33:36 by Jens_Gehrcken »