Author Topic: 3dsMax 2016  (Read 14081 times)

2015-04-14, 09:36:03
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I doublechecked and you are correct !

But my difference is extremely small almost impossible to notice, but there. Which parameter do you say it depends foremost ? Tilting... ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-04-14, 09:51:06
Reply #16

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
in this particular case i just used a vertical shift -0,23

in the max viewport image, there you can see all the camera settings.

2015-04-15, 13:34:24
Reply #17

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hi all, well - I personally am loving max 2016 (Harrr!!!)) :

- the viewport speed is equal if not faster than that of 2015's

- max creation graph is surely useful for people which understand how to script\program (sadly I'm not among those)

- my favourite feature is the new glowing\neon\cinema4d like object selection outline, imo not only it look far better but it gives much, much better feedback when moving objects which are behind some other objects etc or detecting some detached parts of the mesh or some holes in it - pretty like Geomagic's one in that case, plus is faster (needs confirmation but surely feels so) than the previous one which if not disabled manually or by script always had to show those, sometimes nasty, edges which in case of some highpoly models could be quite slow.

- I still hadn't done any test using the updated x-refs but judging from the new features videos those sure look promising too.

- almost all plugins and scripts - from those which I use, and I use around 50 of those (including Corona) which worked in 2015 do work in 2016 as well, which is surely awesome too - sadly the ones which I hadn't any luck with are Project manager (soon will write the dev. for support for I just simply cannot work without that one), SweepProfile from the same dev. and Ecximer's CoronaLight lister - all 3 of them giving similar .net related errors so probably Autodesk changed something in that regard.

- about the ugly slowness aka scene explorer, well it does seem it is somewhat faster than the one in 2015 but it's quite hard for me to compare cause in 2015 I disabled that slow bastard using this setting http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/3ds-Max-2015-Scene-explorer-find-toolbar-is-extremely-slow.html and it hadn't bothered me since - wonder if that's possible with 2016 ...

Well, all above is strictly imo but I think this time Autodesk did that one can probably call a decent if just a little lazy (as usual) job ))
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15, 13:40:29 by antanas »