Author Topic: Sample scene does not match video. Missing all content.  (Read 1792 times)

2023-11-30, 16:57:19

Dancreek

• Users
    • View Profile
On Video 2, the provided 3DS Max starter scene does not look anything like the one in the video.  Its missing nearly all the content he talks about.  Where can we download the correct files?

Update-nevermind... at the end of the video he reveals that in-fact none of the starter scene he's just walked us through is actually the starter scene.  Kind of a confusing start to the series. 
« Last Edit: 2023-11-30, 17:03:44 by Dancreek »

2023-11-30, 17:33:26
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
At the beginning of the lesson Nejc says that the scene is bare-bone and it's a base model. The scene is also called a "template starting scene".
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-11-30, 20:17:51
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just a suggestion: since Academy material is only available to active subscribers, maybe it's worth to dress the sample scenes with Cosmos models and materials and make them available  to download in exact form as it's shown in the training videos? Currently i don't see much difference between Corona Academy and free for all content on Corona YT channel.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-30, 22:13:03
Reply #3

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a suggestion: since Academy material is only available to active subscribers, maybe it's worth to dress the sample scenes with Cosmos models and materials and make them available  to download in exact form as it's shown in the training videos? Currently i don't see much difference between Corona Academy and free for all content on Corona YT channel.

+1

2023-12-01, 08:21:38
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's actually against the terms of use of Cosmos to redistribute the models in scenes, and since some are provided to us under specific licenses for use in Cosmos, it would be very hard to validate which ones might be "kind of ok" and which not. The usual story when it come to sharing scenes :)

Fear not though, for future Academy chapters we have painstakingly built / will build scenes from scratch so that all models, textures, etc. are ones that can be redistributed, because we made them.

PS the Cosmos idea would only work if the scene could contain a placeholder that "pointed to" Cosmos content to download, but that isn't possible.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us