Author Topic: [fall 2013] Thoughts on development  (Read 26030 times)

2013-09-19, 14:14:33
Reply #30

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm not sensitive enough to care about words on an internet forum, it was just an idea regarding how your community looks to outside visitors. It's not big enough a deal to go into specifics in public and I already explained my point to Keymaster via PM. I'm completely happy with an active forum full of information and won't bring it up again.
yes, this does not undermine your point, but we need to find balance. Both extremes are wrong.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-19, 14:38:24
Reply #31

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm not sensitive enough to care about words on an internet forum, it was just an idea regarding how your community looks to outside visitors. It's not big enough a deal to go into specifics in public and I already explained my point to Keymaster via PM. I'm completely happy with an active forum full of information and won't bring it up again.
yes, this does not undermine your point, but we need to find balance. Both extremes are wrong.

Yes, of course. Also, thanks to Rawalanche for taking the time to write a thought out response on the previous page.

To touch topics specific to the development, since I'm not a coder, what would "writing your own shaders" mean in practice? What sort of things would be possible to achieve? would stuff like cartoon effects fall into this?

2013-09-19, 14:43:53
Reply #32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, definitely, but you need to know some programming language, preferably C++, to do this.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-19, 22:37:19
Reply #33

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
yes, definitely, but you need to know some programming language, preferably C++, to do this.
What about Delphi?
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-09-19, 23:07:23
Reply #34

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
no, unless it has C++ bindings

2013-09-21, 03:12:41
Reply #35

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic, the new features looks great. I specially waiting for the SSS for doing character renders, hopefully it will render fast.

Thanks for all your work, keep going.
Cheers.

2014-02-09, 14:42:48
Reply #36

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I originally wanted to release next alpha version as soon as distributed+interactive rendering features are done, but I have decided for several reasons to cancel Alpha v6 and instead go for first beta release by december 2013 - february 2014.

There will be several changes:
  • New web with direct download, gallery, tutorials, ...
  • New features: participating media, SSS, advanced matte/shadows, new fake system, ...
  • New easy-to-use API for integration into additional software
  • Separate shading api for writing your own shaders.
  • New licencing system. Beta will still be free to use for limited time period, ending some time after the first commercial release.

The main reason for this is that the changes will require rewriting some portion of the core, and don't want to waste time with stabilizing the current build just to overhaul it immediately after.

Daily builds are and will be still available to active testers (you still need to post some good corona renders in the gallery to get in)

Hi

Please can you give us an update on this. I was reading that SSS skin will still take a long time (is it just the SSS SKIN shader or SSS altogether that will take long...not for the next release). Also on the maya section it was mention of a release of the maya plugin together with Alpha 6...., so at the end we will not have beta 1 but alpha 6???

Many Thanks.
Cheers

2014-04-08, 02:37:35
Reply #37

hydeman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm also curious about this SSS thing ..