Author Topic: No alpha channel in material options?  (Read 9147 times)

2017-03-01, 06:16:10

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was looking for the alpha channel option in the material settings for the corona materials and don't see it anywhere.. How do i use alpha within a corona material?

I need to apply transparent text I've saved out of photoshop, onto a model, on top of the existing material.

2017-03-01, 08:42:46
Reply #1

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tick "opacity" and put alpha slot in there.

2017-03-01, 13:09:22
Reply #2

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tick "opacity" and put alpha slot in there.

This doesn't work for me. If i tick opacity and drop in my transparent .png (black text transparent bg), it just shows up as a completely black image.. making it entirely transparent.

2017-03-01, 13:20:37
Reply #3

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as far as i know, you need to tell white and black parts on your map. i have never tried transparent cutouts in alpha slot.
do it simple way - make your map black and white -... parts you dont want to see - black, visible - white.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-01, 13:24:09 by karklinskarlis1993 »

2017-03-04, 20:08:31
Reply #4

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as far as i know, you need to tell white and black parts on your map. i have never tried transparent cutouts in alpha slot.
do it simple way - make your map black and white -... parts you dont want to see - black, visible - white.

I tried using a black and white image which in theory, using opacity, should make all the black parts of the image transparent. In the little material preview it gives, it shows the material as transparent in the black areas, but when i apply it, its just black in the black areas.. As a test, i made the entire opacity layer black, which should be fully transparent... once again in the material preview it's completely transparent.. but once applied it's just black. Idk what I'm doing wrong.. is it just not possible to mix textures in Corona yet?

Can someone else try this and tell me the results you get?

2017-03-04, 20:54:53
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Share the test scene...