Author Topic: jagged edges  (Read 3535 times)

2017-02-28, 14:40:23

rendart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any way in Corona for C4D to avoid the jagged (aliased) edges? They appear when bright and dark pixels meet, for example when you have some intensive lights.

2017-02-28, 15:55:24
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Same principles would apply as from this tutorial:

Plus the new option since that video of a slight bit of bloom and glare. Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-02-28, 16:43:19
Reply #2

rendart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your quick response!

2017-03-01, 08:55:22
Reply #3

rendart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As I understood from the tutorial video I have only 2 main options: to render a bigger image (time consuming) or to use the highlight clamping set to 2. The second option works very well, but I lose the bloom/glare effect, wich is not a solution for me. Maybe I misunderstood something?

2017-03-01, 09:34:22
Reply #4

STRAT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • sjleworthy.com
I suffer similar issues.

Try a lower value clamp like 1.25 or 1.5.  This works for me.  I do loose some specular, but i can live with it.

2017-03-06, 02:06:44
Reply #5

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Same principles would apply as from this tutorial:

Plus the new option since that video of a slight bit of bloom and glare. Hope this helps!

The reduction method from a higher rendered image to a smaller one is good but that's basically manual up/downsampling. It would be nice to have a checkbox telling corona to render it in a higher resolution and putting out a downsampled image in the vfb, similar to what indigo render does.