Author Topic: Corona Sun getting detached from target  (Read 477 times)

2024-03-01, 13:36:21

Blanco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I couldn't find my original post on this subject but I was told that this issue was going to be fixed in Hotfix 1.
Unfortunately it still happens. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Any ideas?

2024-03-01, 20:35:40
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep HF 1 should have resolved this, so if you have cases where it is still happening, a ticket with scene / reproduction steps / images / video would be best. We'd need to know things such as, was the scene opened and saved in Corona 11 before HF1? Does it always happen in the same scene,  and never happen in others, or is there a different pattern to it? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-03-03, 21:32:35
Reply #2

Blanco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK. Will start taking notes and report back with findings.
Thanks

2024-04-25, 14:31:50
Reply #3

Blanco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry it's taken so long. I was still working with some legacy projects. I have started some fresh projects and I'm still having the same issue - sun detaches from target.
Everything worked as it should quite a long way into the project however the problem has just started again.
I will go back through the previously saved versions and see if I can see when the problem started. 

2024-04-26, 11:49:06
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, please always do state which exact version of Corona and 3ds Max you are using. Are you using Corona 11 Hotfix 2 - https://corona-renderer.com/download ?
If not, please download it and check with that version.
Also, which version of Corona were your scenes originally saved with?

If you have any scene where this can be consistently reproduced, please submit a new support ticket and attach it (archived with all assets): https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-26, 17:16:43
Reply #5

kkinross

• Users
    • View Profile
I also have this issue a lot. It's a big problem if I want to submit my file to network rendering (Backburner), since I cannot fix it before it renders (because the targets is always detached when the file is opened.)