Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Long Parsing scene - 50% ram and 50% processor usage

(1/10) > >>

Jak:
Hello,

I am rendering a couple of animation sequences, the loading times for parsing scene is quite long, takes aproximately 2 - 3 minutes, with usage of half of my computers RAM, and oscilating between 50-60% of usage of processing power.

I read that parsing scenes takes time because of low RAM, however this is not the case here. Is there anything that I can do to remove parsing times? 2-3 minutes extra parsing times for each of the hundreds of frames is quite unfortunate.

EDIT: More information about my scene (as per information here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000675854-system-is-running-low-on-ram-you-may-experience-excessive-parsing-times-and-or-crashes-you-will-pro)
[altough I know all of the points below are mainly to lower RAM usage, which is not necessary in my scene)

1) I have only 4 passes including Beauty pass; no atmospherics or AO pass - denoising 4 passes only.
2) No displacement
3) No super high resolution textures
4) Lots of instances and proxies
5) Resolution in HD only (not full HD)
6) Ram usage 50 percent, so I have enough RAM (47GB RAM usage, ~82GB RAM installed total)

Any info would be appreciated.

rowmanns:
Hi,

Would you be able to send over a copy of your scene?

We will take a look to see if something can be optimised, either in your scene or in Corona.

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

Jak:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2019-08-09, 13:34:16 ---Hi,

Would you be able to send over a copy of your scene?

We will take a look to see if something can be optimised, either in your scene or in Corona.

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

Well, this is still the same scene where I had problems saving any format with glare and bloom (posted problem in a thread earlier - doubled my RAM and I can save it now), so the file is still under NDA as it was before, which is why I am still unable to send the file for inspection.
Im curious if this has something to do with Corona scatter and proxies (as I am using Corona scatter and quite a lot of instances, plants, trees, cars etc).

I think I will power through this, but its a real shame, because I have one frame set to stop and save at the 10 minute mark, so every 500 frames I lose time for additional ~100/150 frames due to the precomputation ie parsing scene.

The scene is quite big might I add, I have managed to divide it into two chunks, however the precomputation is still there.

Once the precomputation is done, during the rendering the processor is at 100 percent usage (and at half RAM, same as precomputation), so there is no problem there. Its only during parsing scene Corona is not using full RAM (as per parsing scene instructions) or full processing power.

Jak:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2019-08-09, 13:34:16 ---Hi,

(...)

(...)

Rowan

--- End quote ---

The problem is getting worse. During mid render of an animation sequence, the precoputation has increased from 2 minutes now to ~7 minutes. At this rate I am no way going to make it on schedule with rendering the animation. How is it possible that the precomputation increased? The camera has not moved that far, nor did I add any new objects/materials to the scene.

@Rowan, you mentioned scene optimisation. Could you specify what optimisations you have in mind so that I can try and fix this issue myself? What else is there apart from adding proxies in order to cut down on memory as far scene optimisation goes? I hid geometry that is not being rendered during the camera movement, but cannot hide the objects that are going to be in view eventually. Can you please either link me to an article or help file, or could you state what I can do in this thread?

Also regarding Corona optimisation, what did you have in mind? What settings could help to lower the precomputation, per you post in terms of Corona optimisation? Could you either post a link to such information here, or post some of this information yourself?

EDIT: I am using 3dsmax and RAM usage is still at ~50% during the precomputation scene.

Ink Visual:
Hi, I have similar problem with scene parsing rising over time as animation frames are being rendered. Last week it would grow from 3mins to almost 7mins during 48 hours of rendering.
The scene is indeed very heavy as it's a huge masterplan in mountainous environment but it was optimised in numerous ways already. Standard stuff, there are no big textures used, heavy polys are proxies, instances used wherever it was possible.
Last step that I've done yesterday that helped reducing parsing times was going through all the proxies once again, converting them back to mesh and running prooptimizer on them. On some sequences it reduced parsing from 3mins to 1.5mins, although the problem with parsing rising over time is still there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version