Author Topic: Corona 4  (Read 1824 times)

2019-05-01, 00:48:11

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys at Corona,

thanks for the improvement in Corona 4 Beta !

CPU AI denoiser works great.

The "standard" denoiser sill denoises much less on bump maps & round edges... not good at all. Waiting for improvement...
However, the AI denoiser is great!!! Will use it from now on as new standard! :)

Also the displacement on stacked materials & poly selects works super in Corona 4 Beta.
Not "weird" like in the actual release.

Btw... now quick test renders with low number of passes are possible again, thanks to the CPU AI denoiser...
Great for a fast workflow and many many many test renderings. :)))

Attached a quick render...  2200 pix,  50 seconds on an 8core Xeon W 3,2 GHZ (iMac Pro).

Congrats!
Looking forward to the release of Core 4.

2019-05-01, 23:03:28
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Desigerman77.

Can you show us how you're seeing results with the "displacement on stacked materials and poly selects"? I've done some tests with a Corona material on an object, then another to the right with only displacement enabled. Then tick Mix. All I get is a black material. I've tried with a Corona Layered material with the normal un-displaced material. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

2019-05-02, 01:17:41
Reply #2

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi BigAl3D,

I didnĀ“t try it exactly in the way you describe. Will check it out tomorrow and report about my result.

2019-05-02, 11:11:50
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey BigAl,

attached you will find a test scene with multiple displacement maps on poly selects.
Not talking about displacements that are "stacked" - in the sense of combined like layers on top of eachother, adding their surface patterns.
Did you mean such?

In any case, it seams that if you want to avoid displacement to create gaps on edges, the material "under" the displaced material must also have displacement.

I hope the scene will help...

Greetings!