Author Topic: A thought about Corona diffusion  (Read 5675 times)

2013-04-10, 18:58:13

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
For my renders I'm using mr, since ever. I like its result, but it has some limits and sometime I loose a lot of time to solve them.
I'm having some test with Corona and I find it a good product, considering it is a very new product in its alpha developing step.
I like to share this thought: almost everything we can find on the web (I'm talking about models, materials, scripts and so on...) is prepared for Vray, so Vray become the best choise if you don't want to spend your time converting and adapting everything you download from the Net.
I think that if you want to have a large distribution of your sw you need to do a great work in preparing a plugin to convert lights and materials (and everything else convertible) in the best way, so a new corona user can easily and quickly use his library and his scene. I'm using the material converter I found in the forum (all my thanks to the programmer who wrote it!!) but the conversion from MR materials is not so good (I'm going to modify the script to improve it, most of all for gloss materials, than I'll send you my work).

IMHO, this is a focal point in a commercial context.

My 2 cents,
Alessandro
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-04-10, 19:43:24
Reply #1

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
I agree with you, but now is much more important features to implement. A good converter can be written in the script.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-10, 20:31:49
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, the guys are improving the convert scripts, so I hope this will get better over time, if you provide them with feedback. I will concentrate myself on improving the shading core
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-10, 21:09:42
Reply #3

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
I will concentrate myself on improving the shading core
Where already better?
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-11, 10:19:35
Reply #4

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
+1 about everything you've written.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-04-11, 10:36:19
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I can't improve the Script without specific input on problems ;) I always wrote that I'm willing to make things better but this is only possible if people tell me what they want (which unfortunately is pretty seldom) ;) Converting stuff is not only a=b+1 ; some things need a lot of balancing and might not work for everything (make it even worse) if I try a more targeted solution for converting specific cases.
So... Feedback please! ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.