Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244849 times)

2016-02-19, 10:04:08
Reply #780

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
So what is the problem? Bump map amount mostly make sense in 0-1 range. And as i see from your latest examples it works as excpected. Do you expect shader would rise canyons and dig valeys if you set bump amount to 99? :]
Ahah, rise canyons and dig valeys, ahaha, really really comics! Really!
No, of course no, I mean that usable range is from 0.01 to 5, so I suppose that to make it more usable it should be scaled by 10 at last.

...a canyon, ahah! ;D
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2016-02-19, 10:16:29
Reply #781

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But what it would give, other than you'd have to type different numbers to get same result? The bump amount range already was changed once and it caused quite a trouble when migrating from one version to another. I doubt that many would like to go through this again. Besides current range seems to work good enough for majority, why to change then?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-19, 19:11:46
Reply #782

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
What romullus said, I think the current range is very sensible and feels friendly, at least to me.

2016-02-20, 09:32:51
Reply #783

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I agree with Romullus too, to change the scale now should be a disaster. But, I can't understand why I found this problem only now. I have to do some test with other old scene, maybe the question is limited to this single material. Or maybe the daily build I was using before should has a problem I didn't see before.

best,
Alessandro

2016-02-20, 09:36:03
Reply #784

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could you pinpoint what daily build you have used exactly, when encountered that bump problem?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-20, 10:47:21
Reply #785

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could it be that the legacy switch plays a role here? I don't know if it affected bump strength at all but maybe it's a difference between materials rather than build versions?

2016-02-20, 11:37:20
Reply #786

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
There's also bump amount parameter in output rollout of bitmap, and corona respects that value. It's basically multiplier for bump, so if the bump amount value in bitmap is set to something crazy, then even setting bump to 0.01 could be way too much.

2016-02-22, 19:08:11
Reply #787

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Could you pinpoint what daily build you have used exactly, when encountered that bump problem?
Not sure, sorry, maybe 19/12/2016 but I'm really not sure :(

2016-02-22, 19:08:46
Reply #788

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Could it be that the legacy switch plays a role here? I don't know if it affected bump strength at all but maybe it's a difference between materials rather than build versions?
No, not in this case.

2016-02-22, 19:10:12
Reply #789

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
There's also bump amount parameter in output rollout of bitmap, and corona respects that value. It's basically multiplier for bump, so if the bump amount value in bitmap is set to something crazy, then even setting bump to 0.01 could be way too much.
Yes, but not in this case.

Btw, thx a lot to everyone, this is a very active forum!!!

2016-02-27, 02:55:54
Reply #790

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the latest build, my max scene which has rendered fine and stable for the last few dailies, consistently crashes at a random point.  Max2016 crashes to desktop kind of crash, but It happened first time while I was away, and it had crashed when I got back. looked like it had gotten through ~90 passes on this job, but it just happened again around pass 2 when I started it again.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed that the latest build is unstable, but I'm guessing it's doing something different as it only just happened after installing it.

check for overheating problems!

2016-02-27, 02:58:09
Reply #791

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not experiencing this. Is this happening only in some heavier scenes? In scenes from previous versions? Can you send a sample scene where this happens?
There were some reports about Win10+ui lagginess...

I found out what it is, if windows 10 Defender is scanning the hard drive, even using 1 or 2 MB per second and almsot no cpu at all, still it brings the max interface to a laggy sluggish mood, only solution is to turn off windows defender! works instantly.

2016-02-27, 16:54:16
Reply #792

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the latest build, my max scene which has rendered fine and stable for the last few dailies, consistently crashes at a random point.  Max2016 crashes to desktop kind of crash, but It happened first time while I was away, and it had crashed when I got back. looked like it had gotten through ~90 passes on this job, but it just happened again around pass 2 when I started it again.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed that the latest build is unstable, but I'm guessing it's doing something different as it only just happened after installing it.

check for overheating problems!
Having similar problems too but max crashes after few seconds with IR active. It says "insufficient memory". Never had any issues with previous builds.

2016-02-27, 19:44:43
Reply #793

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
I am not experiencing this. Is this happening only in some heavier scenes? In scenes from previous versions? Can you send a sample scene where this happens?
There were some reports about Win10+ui lagginess...

I found out what it is, if windows 10 Defender is scanning the hard drive, even using 1 or 2 MB per second and almsot no cpu at all, still it brings the max interface to a laggy sluggish mood, only solution is to turn off windows defender! works instantly.

Personally I'm not having any issues with IR now, but that fabulous piece of "Microsoft magic" can and was slowing down things tremendously, until I completely disabled it using this http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-Turn-Off-Windows-Defender-Permanently-in-Windows-10-01350 method - now it is completely gone and doesn't come back nor after some time of usage nor after reboot. Try that, maybe it helps.

2016-02-28, 10:26:13
Reply #794

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
sorry but was there an update for the 25,02,2016? the folder is empty on dropbox so its why i am asking
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970