Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Corona - 3dsmax crash

(1/2) > >>

Oltskul:
Ive installed last Corona build - link sent by Keymaster himself. I also used "tutorial" by Ravalanche to istall, but Corona crashes my freshly installed 3DS max 2012 trial.. All happens after "F9" or hit render button...

Ive backuped _log and _error files (but they are empty)

Last hope is to install new Intel Compiler:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-of-the-intel-c-and-fortran-compiler-for-windows/

computer rig:

Nvidia Geforce 8600
4Gig ram
Intel - Quad Q6600

Iam going to report results in few moments.

Ondra:
Hi,
Q6600 unfortunately does not have newest SSE instructions, needed to run Embree (highly optimized ray casting engine from Intel integrated in Corona). It may be possible to run Corona with my old ray casting structure (which is 2-5× slower). Try setting "BVH full SAH" as the acceleration structure in Corona settings.

Oltskul:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-01-21, 03:31:01 ---Hi,
Q6600 unfortunately does not have newest SSE instructions, needed to run Embree (highly optimized ray casting engine from Intel integrated in Corona). It may be possible to run Corona with my old ray casting structure (which is 2-5× slower). Try setting "BVH full SAH" as the acceleration structure in Corona settings.

--- End quote ---

ps: ive managed to run Corona with newest intel compiler (ad my first post) "Intel C++ Compiler for Windows 11.1 update 8"

jeah, let me try that for a quick..  but, even yesterday, corona start to "Transforming verticies"
thats it, thas all... you cant cancel  that proces, MAX is sort of "responding", and you can close it.. and even after five hours of waiting, its still transforming vertices... In task manager, there is no extra mana constuption gain, no proces load...

are you interested in some logs, or do you know what is the (a?) cause? Also with BVH full SAH it doesnt work....

OS

Ondra:
Please send CoronaMax_errors.txt, if it is not empty, but I am pretty sure it is because of your old CPU. I could however make some builds which would work on older CPUs in the future.

Oltskul:

logs are empty - both of them...

Looking forward to those  "legacy" procesors build :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version