Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

MBP 2019 2,4 Ghz + C4D + eGPU

(1/1)

alexgrimm:
Hi,

I'm working on an MBP 2019 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 / 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 / AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

+ C4D R24
+ newest Corona Renderer

To be honest I was expecting more then I get now. So I’m considering to tune my MBP a little bit. But I even know that my MBPs config is not really expandable. So is there a way to get a bit more power for rendering jobs? I heart that there are extern GPUs on the market. Maybe someone can help?

Cheers, Alex

TomG:
Since Corona doesn't use the GPU for rendering, adding one would not make any difference to render speed or quality (assuming that is what you want to improve).

davetwo:
I like my MBP and I work on it regularily if I'm freelancing at a clients office. Cornona works really well on it. Which is in contrast to a lot of other render engines which are complete non-starters (octane/redshift etc)

But I think you have to be realistic about what is possible on a laptop of this sort. Just do all the look-deveopment on it. And when it comes to a big hi-res render sent it to a renderfarm if you dont have a workstation at home. (Or do it overnight like the good old days).

alexgrimm:
Thank you TomG for this advice. So I don't need to search for any products...

Maybe I have to be satisfied with the performance of my MBP and even be happy about all the other advantages of it. When it comes to hires renderings or animation then I will outsource my files to a render farm.

Thanks to all

TomG:
Most welcome! Avoiding unnecessary purchases is always a good thing :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version