Author Topic: Rendering and viewport lags/stalls  (Read 3736 times)

2019-01-14, 17:18:50

stoecklem

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

Congrats on the Cinema 4D release.  I am a Redshift user thinking about adding Corona to the mix. I like a lot of things about it, but unfortunately my experience testing the trial so far has not been a very smooth one. 

When interactive rendering is enabled, the viewport slows down and pauses all the time.  Making material changes takes forever to update and also stalls the viewport/c4d.  This is all just with a sphere and a wireframe shader.  I feel like maybe my CPU could be too old, but it does support SSE 4.  I know it has to be able to work better then this.  I changed the thread override from -1 to 16 to see if that help, but it didn't at all.  It is still doing the same thing with no improvement. 

I am using R20.  I have a xeon X5675.

Is there anything I can try to improve my experience?  the way it is now it is not really useable. Soon I will have access to an HP Z 820 which I'll probably upgrade to a dual E5 2697 v2f.  I'll test it on that as well, but unfortunately getting a newer pc won't be possible for awhile.

Thanks

Mike

2019-01-14, 23:14:03
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hello there,

Does it kind of look like this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/4az69a2ehta32kh/Threading%20Issues.flv?dl=0

:)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-01-16, 15:58:43
Reply #2

JasonSB

• Users
    • View Profile
Try reducing the number of threads used during interactive rendering.
This can be found under Preferences / Corona / Interactive rendering / # of threads override.
Default is -1. I have a 32 core cpu so I set it to 26.

2019-01-16, 18:27:28
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Try reducing the number of threads used during interactive rendering.
This can be found under Preferences / Corona / Interactive rendering / # of threads override.
Default is -1. I have a 32 core cpu so I set it to 26.

Technically yes but it doesn't work for everyone :\ Not sure if we have the same issues but I need to limit my CPUs to 12 threads (down from 72) to get a fairly smooth experience.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2020-10-13, 10:14:16
Reply #4

travis.designer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Where CPU Thread in Corona 5?

2020-10-13, 10:26:18
Reply #5

dipozzo