Author Topic: An option to have unsupported materials defaulted to a neutral gray  (Read 4801 times)

2014-06-12, 08:33:03

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's sometimes a pain in the ass in Max to go through an imported Revit file with one hundred unsupported materials, because they show up bright red while rendering. Maybe an option to override them to a neutral gray would make sense?

2014-06-12, 09:37:45
Reply #1

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you use the material convertor script then there shouldn't be any unsupported materials anymore. If so, could you specify which materials aren't supported? AFAIK all the autodesk materials that are in Revitfiles are being supported now.

2014-06-12, 09:51:38
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Yes, use material convertor. The unsupported materials render with very distinct color to prevet errors from using unconverted materials.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-12, 11:10:02
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The material converter also has an option to convert ANY class to a default gray corona Mtl, even "Missing_Mtl" (from a missing renderer which dlls are not present anymore). It's a button on the right called "convert by class"
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-06-12, 11:12:46
Reply #4

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The material convertor is a 3rd party plugin, I was hoping for a more integrated solution - you are right, it does do the trick but then again it's not 100% reliable and once you go commercial you can't expect people to search up community made plugins for stuff like this, imo.

2014-06-12, 11:15:24
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, if it's not reliable: report it ;) I can fix bugs I'm aware of, but not the ones I don't know about. And about 3rd party, it's included in Corona A6+, so you don't need to download anything anywhere.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.