Author Topic: Projection Modifier  (Read 3487 times)

2016-07-17, 23:24:39

Vadim Sadykov

• Users
    • View Profile
This is an important and integral function for baking textures, amazing that this is still no! If you make a Corona Scatter seamless distribution and baking with help Projection Modifir. It is primarily interested in people from the gaming industry, it is a good chance to realize!

That is what I mean: https://gumroad.com/l/UmgtI - an artist working on The Division.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/benwilson

You did PBR is a great success that apply it to our goals!

2016-08-25, 08:30:44
Reply #1

Surround

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Im working on game industry too and I got corona because its such a good renderer :)

I wanted to bake some interior stuff and grab all the lightning and normal info from the hi-poly to low-poly. But sadly I found out that its not possible. You can only bake stuff to the same object and not use a projection modifier :(

I really desperately need this feature for corona!

2016-10-23, 00:35:51
Reply #2

Senorpablo

• Users
    • View Profile
This is a key feature. Being able to bake hi-resolution models onto low resolution is one of the fundamental applications of texture baking.

2016-11-15, 15:03:41
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
working on this...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-16, 19:58:35
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
first shot it out, please test it and send me any scenes where there are still problems
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-08-21, 17:06:07
Reply #5

Remi_Tribia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Digging out some old thread...
I tried to bake some textures with projection modifier and it doesn't work as expected... everything is black, I must switch back to scanline :/

2018-08-21, 18:48:33
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
RTT with projectin modifier is not yet supported in Corona.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures