Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

multishader randomize each tile of a texture

(1/3) > >>

j.nosh:
hey everyone,

i was wondering if there is a way how to use the very powerful functionality of the multishader on the tiles of a material.
similar as with the uvw randomizer.
let's say you have a texture of one single concrete tile and you want to rotate it randomly and als slightly change color/reflexion of each tile.
rotating and flipping is no problem with uvw randomizer. but how can i change the gamma or something randomly? the multishader does not provide this option.

thanks for any ideas ;)
jay

Beanzvision:
Are you sure the Multishader doesn't have random gamma controls?

j.nosh:
Hey Beanzvision,

thanks for your reply. Sorry for my confused request, it was to late prbably to write something clear :)

Sure it has that feature. I'm using it daily! 😜
But what I'm looking for is the "Randomize each tile" checkbox there, same as in the "UVW Randomizer Shader"
So I can influence the Gamma (or anything else) by each tile of the texture.

Or is there maybe any workaround for this yet?

Thanks
Jay

Beanzvision:
Does changing the seed help?

j.nosh:
How would that help, when there is no option to tick randomize each tile? :)

OK maybe it's still a bit unclear what I want to achieve.
1. lets say you have an image of one tile. (first image attached)
2. you map it onto an object, repeated in U and V direction. (second attached image)
3. now every tile looks the same. (with uvw randomizer i could rotate or offset each of the tiles randomly, effected by an initial seed factor.)
4. but what I am missing is the option to colorize each en every single tile randomly. (third attached image)

I know that for this example I could use photoshop, to let's say make a map like the third image attached and then use the uvw randomizer to offset the texture by the fraction of the rows and lines.
But this example is just a simple one to show what i mean. In reality i have very complex shader structures in my material which i can't achieve by the photoshop workaround.
Is it  a bit more clear what i want to do?

Thanks
Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version