Author Topic: Keep working when corona is Rendering?  (Read 5772 times)

2020-02-24, 10:42:02
Reply #15

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no jacked.
people with good hardware specs can optimize cores count for render as well for interactive render, inside corona preferences parameters.
i can ask corona to use only 24 cores and still have 8 cores to keep working and modeling inside viewport.

its hard to wait for multiple images do complete job render.
its hard to have to saveas and import to other instance of 3ds. its easy to forget something that you have worked if you have a complex scene.

if some one have any solutions please post here.
cheers

The solution was posted above as i said.

2020-02-24, 15:29:51
Reply #16

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I remember in some old version of Corona this was possible.
And after a quick search seems I found a text confirming this:
"It's technically possible to do it, but for stability reasons, Vlado decided that vray would not be able to interact while rendering. Other engines line corona leaves this possibility to their users."

2020-02-24, 16:28:32
Reply #17

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With cinema4d you can work on file while rendering without problems

2020-02-24, 16:45:57
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The best solution here would be either to:
- (more than 1 computer) Use one computer for scene editing and another one for rendering (e.g. send to Backburner)
or
- (1 computer only) Run one full instance of 3ds Max for scene editing and render your scene in another instance of 3ds Max or in 3dsmaxcmd (that would not eat as many resources as the full version)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-02-24, 17:01:45
Reply #19

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sto aspettando da molto tempo la possibilità di lanciare il render in DR excludendo il pc principale,
i know i can with backburner, but it is not the same, i had to check the asset and other problems that i don't have in DR, but this is another story.

2020-02-24, 17:02:30
Reply #20

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have been waiting for a long time for the possibility to launch the render in DR excluding the main pc,
i know i can with backburner, but it is not the same, i had to check the asset and other problems that i don't have in DR, but this is another story.

2020-02-24, 19:12:47
Reply #21

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why not save your file just before rendering; Then start your render, and open a new instance of 3ds max and re open your scene?

2020-02-24, 23:36:53
Reply #22

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have been waiting for a long time for the possibility to launch the render in DR excluding the main pc,

You can reduce the processor affinity of your local workstation in the corona settings so you can restrict how many cores of your pc local rendering will use.

2020-02-25, 11:35:22
Reply #23

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can reduce the processor affinity of your local workstation in the corona settings so you can restrict how many cores of your pc local rendering will use.
yes in some case can be a soluton, but for hight resolution images i found problem with denising, long timies calculation if you set few core

2020-02-26, 23:47:30
Reply #24

Mr.Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Download the free version of Deadline (up to 2 PCs iirc)
Then you can send the job for rendering and keep working on the file.
I recal it can show the rendering frane buffer too-  in Vray- but not sure about Corona tho.
Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
https://www.behance.net/NawrasRyhan