Author Topic: Keep working when corona is Rendering?  (Read 5764 times)

2020-02-22, 15:17:00

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
Here a beginner in 3DS and Corona, steel need to learn a lot, but... I found that when Corona is rendering its impossible to keep working in 3ds max. It blocks the viewports until render is finish.
Is there any work around? A batch render would be an option?

I have look inside Index topic help but didin`t find any posts there so i decide to ask for help in here.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2020-02-22, 15:24:16 by Architex »

2020-02-22, 15:38:01
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can work in viewports and with materials as usual, when Corona is rendering in interactive mode. Obviously that is not possible when regular rendering is running.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-02-22, 15:45:41
Reply #2

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes i have noticed that.

but is there a solution? Imagine if i need to render 10 images with 1:30 hour/min each. I have to stay stoped from 3ds max until those renders are finish?

2020-02-22, 16:17:52
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, if you want to work on another scene, then open second 3ds max session and work there, while Corona will render in the first one. You can open as many 3ds max sessions as your RAM will fit in.

2020-02-22, 16:22:23
Reply #4

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for misunderstood.
I need to stay on the same scene. I need to keep working on the same object while corona is rendering one camera image.
Example: I have a scene with 4 cameras. Need to render all of them. How can i do it? Do i need to do 1 by 1 or is there a solution for bake a lots of image cameras from a scene?

Do you know about any Corona Batch render?

2020-02-22, 16:30:15
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not really sure if i understand you, batch rendering and working on the scene while rendering is going on, are two completely different things. Regarding the former, you can use 3ds max's native batch rendering - Corona is supporting it rendering>batch rendering. As for the ability to work on the scene while rendering is going on, i'm affraid that's impossible in principle. I can't even imagine how it supposed to look, you move an object in the scene, but Corona should render old state of the scene, like nothing ever happened?

2020-02-22, 16:51:27
Reply #6

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yap. That is it.
I have been using Rhinoceros and Vray for some time. In rhino we save cameras practicaly like in 3ds max. Then use vray to render final images. But Vray stay rendering while it is possible to keep working. Some how Vray knows that camera and keeps rendering with no troubles. And if you have a good cpu you can have a nice workflow since you can keep modeling and correct some things while the image is rendering.

The diference is Interactive Render vs Production Render.
IR is a render preview while you are working.
Production Render is for final renders. You choose a time/passes or noise for limit render. Here we can not move 3ds max viewport. It gets locked until Corona finishes the render image.

Can you please tell me were i can find the batch render to send multiple images for final rendering?

2020-02-22, 17:00:38
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can find batch rendering in main menu>rendering>batch render.

Yap. That is it.
I have been using Rhinoceros and Vray for some time. In rhino we save cameras practicaly like in 3ds max. Then use vray to render final images. But Vray stay rendering while it is possible to keep working. Some how Vray knows that camera and keeps rendering with no troubles. And if you have a good cpu you can have a nice workflow since you can keep modeling and correct some things while the image is rendering.

What you described here, is exactly how interactive rendering is working in Corona. Maybe what you're asking is ability to lock the camera, so render wouldn't follow you through the viewports? You can find the viewport lock option in render setup at the top, look for small lock icon next to view to render.

2020-02-22, 17:26:25
Reply #8

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think i was not clear enough.
What i want is just keep working on the same 3ds max file while Corona is rendering a final image "no interactive"

I have tried the Batch render from 3ds max but unfortunately it blocks 3ds max from being used to. Need to wait for all renders to complete to get inside 3ds max viewport again.
 I hope you could understand

2020-02-22, 17:53:01
Reply #9

Umro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know abour Rhino but as far as I know it is impossible to do a final production render while you are doing the changes in your scene in 3ds Max.That applies to Corona and Vray too.As you were advised before, you should open separate 3ds Max and render the camera you are finished with and keep working on your next camera in first 3ds Max you opened.If you have enough RAM in your PC for that.

2020-02-22, 18:15:45
Reply #10

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok. Understand know.
Render in one 3ds max and have another instance open for keep working.

Thanks for all your time and all help.

Cheers. :-)

2020-02-22, 19:46:39
Reply #11

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can do it with backburner.
-Open maneger - monitor - server
-send the render to bacburner selecting your pc as the one who had to work in render.
- in this way you can continue to work on the project.

2020-02-23, 21:56:32
Reply #12

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok. Understand know.
Render in one 3ds max and have another instance open for keep working.

Thanks for all your time and all help.

Cheers. :-)

Hmmm... in C4D such is no problem. You can hit render and continue working on your scene as you want.
Just saying because I would never have expected this to be an issue in any highly capable program like Max.

The only limitation I experienced on old computers was due to not enough computation power, so stuff got slow.
But on modern computers, not a big problem.

The only thing I often asked myself: will renders take longer if you work on stuff in parallel? Logically, I guess... yes. :)

2020-02-24, 10:12:53
Reply #13

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can do it with backburner.
-Open maneger - monitor - server
-send the render to bacburner selecting your pc as the one who had to work in render.
- in this way you can continue to work on the project.

This will work but when rendering, your CPU will be jacked up to 100%so it'll basically be impossible to do anything useful.

2020-02-24, 10:41:11
Reply #14

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no jacked.
people with good hardware specs can optimize cores count for render as well for interactive render, inside corona preferences parameters.
i can ask corona to use only 24 cores and still have 8 cores to keep working and modeling inside viewport.

its hard to wait for multiple images do complete job render.
its hard to have to saveas and import to other instance of 3ds. its easy to forget something that you have worked if you have a complex scene.

if some one have any solutions please post here.
cheers