Author Topic: UNreal 5  (Read 7307 times)

2021-06-17, 17:26:15
Reply #15

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you ever tried c4d?

2021-06-18, 00:23:51
Reply #16

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's that got to do with anything ?

I only know c4d from youtube tutorials, but it's a program like Maya and 3ds max. While we were talking about Unreal or so called "real-time" programs, or game editors. Right now they are still called game editors, but I suspect in the future they will become more generalized.

I also know c4d has a nice third-party real-time renderer. Maybe similar with Eevee from Blender ?

2021-06-18, 11:02:28
Reply #17

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found out (so it's speculated) that UE5 uses Godot's GI model. Tested it some time ago and it did "Goood!"
Worth checking, if you're up for it. (I have other priorities for now...)

Also, have you tried or looked at CryEngine?

2021-06-18, 21:56:32
Reply #18

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, of course. I started with cryengine and back in 2010 I made the gifs attached as part of my research to achieve 3d motion blur, 3d (not post process) depth of field with bokeh, area shadows and other things in cryengine.
I'm still using the old cryengine from 2007. From time to time I check to see what's new in newer versions of cryengine, but it seems they still don't have what I need.
For me equally important would be not only the rendering but the workflow too, and it seems even though so incredibly old, cryengine 2007 had some very good tools built in for nature building and easy objects painting and management and dynamics. Plus it's similar with 3ds max.

But I think with a few more upgrades, the new Unreal will be hard to pass, and could be worth switching to as a new contender app for nature building.
old cryengine gifs and pics (some of them very low res - because they are animated)

3d motion blur,
you could have long distance objects drawing and shadows even in 2007,
nice dynamic vegetation and particles.

2021-07-02, 20:31:02
Reply #19

JF

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know. I really don't want to learn a new software at this point. I'd love to stick with corona. But looking at the work that you can find online right now... you have 3d walkthroughs that look 90% as good as a full render. You can even let the viewer handle cloth colors etc...  I see this being massive for clients and for making material decisions. Honestly this is more Autodesk's fault than Corona's, but I'm doing my first project in unreal right now. No issues so far, the thing is more stable than max even in early release.  It's easier to drag and drop items and objects.

On the other hand c4d has added some great scene dressing tools and an up to date manager.  This is huge, so perhaps there's hope there for Archviz rendering. Even 2021 and with connecter, drag and drop is still rarely pain free in 3ds. Managing libraries of objects is also far from pain free. That unreal does this better than max w megascan is a massive advantage.