Author Topic: Corona Light Lister for Corona Renderer by ecXimer  (Read 92707 times)

2013-02-04, 16:06:56

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
the script isn't supported any more!
NEW VERSION HERE
forum topic https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7209.0.html
« Last Edit: 2015-06-09, 17:26:19 by ecximer »
sorry for my english

2013-02-04, 16:51:39
Reply #1

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hi, everybody.

I'm glad to provide to you a script Corona LightLister.
Use with pleasure and don't forget to write reports on bugs if the such you find.

alternative link: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/lightlister-for-corona-render

Damn, that was fast !! great news, thanks a lot for taking the time to do that :)

« Last Edit: 2013-02-04, 17:05:33 by NicolasC »
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-02-05, 03:54:00
Reply #2

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

hehe that is awesome !!

2013-02-05, 10:28:13
Reply #3

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
! UPDATE !
v0.1.1b:
Fixed bug with minimize dialog
sorry for my english

2013-02-05, 10:45:04
Reply #4

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn, that was fast !! great news, thanks a lot for taking the time to do that :)

Yeah. One time I tried to make fR Light Lister and it was a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS! I never actually finished it, since when I was done with version 1. Cebas changed a few params on the lights and I'd have to re-do the whole thing. :D

So, with that being said, kudos ecximer! Great work!

2013-02-11, 14:46:04
Reply #5

dschaga

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any reason why you have to encrypt your script??

2013-02-12, 10:01:43
Reply #6

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Weird way to thank him for this...

Ecximer : Thanks a lot very nice gift !!!
« Last Edit: 2013-02-12, 10:03:16 by Chakib »

2013-02-13, 14:29:36
Reply #7

dschaga

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry, don't wanted to harm someone ..just asking

2013-02-13, 19:16:19
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Is there any reason why you have to encrypt your script??

Probably so someone doesn't steal it, adjust it for different renderer and then claim it his own. There was for example a case with a guy named Arthur Leao who made universal MentalRay settings manager script, and a guy named Thorsten Hartmann, who copied most of his script and claimed it his own for a while. Once Arthur found out, they came to an agreement :)

2013-02-13, 19:54:15
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Probably so someone doesn't steal it, adjust it for different renderer and then claim it his own. There was for example a case with a guy named Arthur Leao who made universal MentalRay settings manager script, and a guy named Thorsten Hartmann, who copied most of his script and claimed it his own for a while. Once Arthur found out, they came to an agreement :)

Thorsten hartmann.. man, I love this guy :D His english is soo bad even germans have problems understanding his cg talk posts :D
Encryption can have several reasons, but if you're interested: there is a very cleverly designed and scripted Maxwell lightlister which can be found on scriptspot. I thought about asking this guy for permission to use it for a corona lightlister, but ecximer already did a great job with his script :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-02-13, 20:41:35
Reply #10

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I always encrypt my scripts - so I want to.
СoronaLister written by analogy with the standard Lister, but completely all my code, anything from anyone I did not steal, the benefit of a lot of experience.
sorry for my english

2013-02-13, 21:12:06
Reply #11

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I always encrypt my scripts - so I want to.
СoronaLister written by analogy with the standard Lister, but completely all my code, anything from anyone I did not steal, the benefit of a lot of experience.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding or i am just being paranoid. When i was talking about stealing i did not say you stole someones script, i said that you encrypted it so that someone does not steal it for you.

If you comment was not related to mine, then sorry, and nevermind :)

2013-02-13, 22:45:23
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
That being said, I would be most happy if these sorts of user-contributed tools were open-source (but not "attached to this post are the source codes, steal as you wish", but with clearly defined permissive licence, and clear versioning using open-source community tools, such as github, sourceforge, etc.).

Then everybody could contribute useful code changes, or modify it to suit their needs, and these tools would grow with the community. Once Corona goes commercial, I will definitely support this (for example by offering people like excimer some rewards for publishing the script as open-source).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-18, 13:07:18
Reply #13

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
update...
sorry for my english

2013-04-18, 13:09:30
Reply #14

Polymax

• Active Users