Author Topic: NEW AI that will replace all 3d modelers and texture artists  (Read 2693 times)

2022-07-19, 20:38:46

timfaith

• Users
    • View Profile
Keep in mind this is not even in Beta form and the results are no where near complete to final form and it can only do single objects for now but in a year you will see full reverse engineering of interiors and exteriors from a couple sample images

2022-07-20, 10:58:40
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Yes, but do please keep in mind - this is beneficial only for instances where the physical object actually already exists AND is in possession by the person who wants to put it in 3d.

A MASSIVE component of 3d artistry is creating the UNBUILT world. Thus this has no relevance whatsoever.

A cool tool? Yes. A threat? No
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-07-20, 11:11:40
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I agree with aaouviz, it might be a cool toy for lay persons and hobbyists, but nothing that would impress a professional who makes models for living. The fact that it's being developed by Nvidia, makes pretty safe to expect that its development will be dropped long before it will have a chance to mature.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-20, 11:17:57
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
The fact that it's being developed by Nvidia, makes pretty safe to expect that its development will be dropped long before it will have a chance to mature.

oh, snap.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-08-17, 15:19:54
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
From what I've seen of some programs using AI for zoning studies/massings, I have no doubt there will be less need for architects say 20 years down the road, never mind 3D renderers/visualization artists. Once AI can maximize profit for developers then its game over, or close to it.

2022-08-22, 10:10:16
Reply #5

Sebastien

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That would be already a huge step forward if we had an AI able to correctly retopo a mesh made with booleans. For what I see, this technology is similar to a 3D scan, but made with photos. In theory that's a great tool, but the topology is a total mess that makes the mesh quite useless.

2022-08-22, 11:12:43
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Who else remembers the first photogrammetry tools in 2005?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-09-01, 09:13:26
Reply #7

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Well most artists today are now generalists and scene developers. Most save time on a project by not modeling and go to turbosquid to get the job done.  There is talk about AI replacing this and that and yeah that shit coming out midjourney is really cool and creative looking. But it's just unusable trash.

I hear people say"its going to guide me to do better artwork" well what about observing what has been done by creative minds, by the minds of the humans with true emotions and uncertainties, their struggles, their stories, what shaped them etc. That's true beauty, and far more dimensional than what an algorithm spits out. And it's more of an algorithm than AI because it all looks the same, I am talking about midjourney of course.

In regards to this modeling tool, its really cool I dig it! I could use for modeling mundane things like an old shoe or something like that. Mundane things that don't require a lot thought process. But my brain and soul aspires to keep design and creation part as my personal works. I would like to keep thinking and dreaming for my self-worth.

Kubrik
Picasso
Rembrandt
Steve McCurry and thousands more...