Author Topic: VFB does not change when ObjectID change  (Read 6817 times)

2018-06-21, 16:07:11

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hello,

when I change the ID of the object (G-Buffer), the VFB does not change. It is not very practical because I have to stop and restart it every time I change the value.
Is it possible to change this or is it a limit of 3dsMax ?

2018-06-28, 14:04:51
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think this is a 3ds max limitation, but we will see what can be done about it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-06-28, 14:07:48
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I know the Object Properties dialog doesn't send any notifications on changes and is only queried on render begin - this is a Max limitation.
You can use Object Properties 2.0 however, this one will properly update with IR (and it's non-modal so can be open while working with Max) - http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/object-properties-2-0

2018-07-02, 15:41:27
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
even if max sent notification, this would be impossible for us without re-rendering, sorry
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-07-23, 12:42:06
Reply #4

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your answers !
The solution proposed by Pokoy does not work, but it seems to be a good way to develop a script to do that.

2018-08-13, 10:04:14
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late replay, missed your post. I know from testing that Object Properties 2.0 worked fine with IR opposed to the max internal properties dialog.
If you wanted this to work with regular rendering, that doesn't work for obvious reasons.

2018-08-15, 12:02:17
Reply #6

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's weird what you're telling me, because I've just tried again, and when I change the ID value with this program (Object Properties 2.0), it does not update the interactive rendering.
I had to add this line of code for it to work:

Code: [Select]
fn Updateobj theprop theState =
(
with redraw off
(
local s = ("Object Properties - " + theprop as string)
undo s on
for o in selection do setproperty o theprop thestate
)

if CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.getRenderType () > 1 then CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.reparseInteractive () -- add by me !

)

In the end I preferred to make a script more adapted to my way of working (see attached file)
I made a short video to show how it works.
I hope this script can help other users who like me work a lot with IDs !

Michel
« Last Edit: 2018-08-15, 16:38:43 by archimi »

2018-08-15, 13:36:14
Reply #7

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah sorry, I totally forgot the original script had to get an extra line of code to update properly (which the creator of that script added on request on another forum) - my apologies!
Glad you have it working now.

2018-08-15, 15:38:53
Reply #8

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is no problem. It will have allowed me to develop my own tool and learn things ! ;-)

Which forum are you talking about?

2018-08-15, 15:49:08
Reply #9

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Honestly, I forgot. I only remember there was a thread about the legacy properties dialog and we got some help from him.