Author Topic: problems with transferring the scene from AMD ryzen 3950x to INTEL double xeon  (Read 792 times)

2021-07-25, 09:02:26

Tvoi_ACAD_guru

• Users
    • View Profile
Helo everyone! I'm trying to send a scene from AMD ryzen 3950x to INTEL double xeon, but the render time is the same. This is the new corona 7, there are no restrictions on cores, which may be a problem? the render should be 2 times faster. The scene has a new corona sky volume, but everything else remains old with corona 6

2021-07-25, 10:22:33
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can you be more specific, please? I'm affraid "INTEL double xeon" can mean anything, including much slower machines than Ryzen 3950X
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-25, 10:45:58
Reply #2

Tvoi_ACAD_guru

• Users
    • View Profile
In corona benchmark 3950x - 58 sec, double xeon - 32 sec. We found out experimentally that it gets better without displacement, but it's still not clear where this difference comes from, the rendering time is the same on 2 computers

2021-07-25, 18:42:35
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you say what the Intel chip actually is, please? What kind of Xeon? Also, when you say "send" a scene, what do you mean? Are you simply opening the scene in Max on either machine and rendering it? Are you using Backburner, or some other networking application? Are you using DR? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us