Author Topic: 3ds max saves before render  (Read 6260 times)

2017-10-17, 11:08:12

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
Is there a way to stop 3dsmax autosave or save before every render when using DR?

2017-10-19, 01:17:14
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Turn off auto save:
Menus -> Customize -> Preferences... -> Files (tab) -> Uncheck 'Enable' in the 'Auto Backup' group.

As for saving before DR, I am assuming it needs to do this so that the other servers can pick up the latest scene state...or I could be wrong.

2017-10-19, 16:49:18
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the save is actually done by Corona, because we need to send the scene over net. We might optimize this, by asking 3dsmax if the scene needs to be saved first
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-04-07, 01:09:03
Reply #3

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any updates on this issue? Some of my scenes take upwards of 10 minutes to save and I lose hours every day waiting for pre-render saves which just aren't necessary

2018-04-12, 13:13:36
Reply #4

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
the save is actually done by Corona, because we need to send the scene over net. We might optimize this, by asking 3dsmax if the scene needs to be saved first

Ondra, I made a feature request with AD to start doing autosave (and manual save) in the background without user interaction, without max locking up, like how Adobe packages work. This seems to have gone further down the line and they might actually be implementing it. It might be worth speaking with them about this, perhaps they can help.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-04-23, 16:41:57
Reply #5

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision

Ondra, I made a feature request with AD to start doing autosave (and manual save) in the background without user interaction, without max locking up, like how Adobe packages work. This seems to have gone further down the line and they might actually be implementing it. It might be worth speaking with them about this, perhaps they can help.

Finally! Thanks for that!

2018-04-24, 10:06:47
Reply #6

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio