Author Topic: corona6_rc2_Renderpasses refraction reflection  (Read 2117 times)

2020-08-07, 12:12:52

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this feature already available ? Can´t get it running. Do i have to swich on anything for that ?

2020-08-09, 15:43:56
Reply #1

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, i found this new List here : propagate masks , but it doesen´t seem to work !?

2020-08-20, 12:59:20
Reply #2

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...still can´t get it running with rc04 !?

2020-08-20, 13:24:28
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you explain what you mean by "can't get it running"? That is, what is your material set up, what are your masks that you have set up in Multipass, and what results are you getting in those masks. Easiest would be sharing the scene, and the renders you are getting from it - otherwise, lots of screenshots (material set up, masks set up) to show the relevant parts of the scene set up. Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-08-20, 13:58:14
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You haven't really described what you are trying to do - your thread title mentions reflection and refraction render passes, but the new propagate in masks options don't affect those, they affect the masks (which is why they are called "propagate masks" and not "propagate passes" :) )

All working as intended here - both my mirror and my glass materials are set to propagate always in masks (so, reflection and refraction), and the ID Material mask shows that at work.

2020-08-20, 14:44:02
Reply #5

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As you can see in my attached screenshot before, the wall is not showing up behind the glass in the alpha mask. I thought that´s what this feature would do !?
Here is the scene:
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20, 14:50:01 by stereoV »

2020-08-20, 15:07:46
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't affect the alpha, but things like the ID masks.

2020-08-20, 17:37:57
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2020-08-21, 15:37:12
Reply #8

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, thats a pity ! I always use alpha masks because thy are much more precise and comfortable for me.
But why ? If you can make it in ID channels why can´t you make it in alpha masks as well ?

By the way, in that helpdesk article you propagated is written that it should work with masks too.
(Reflection and refraction now can be taken into account when using certain Corona masking elements (ID, Mask, Wirecolour), making propagation of masks through Corona materials possible.)