Author Topic: one more hardware configuration  (Read 940 times)

2019-02-19, 19:00:19

Yanosh HRDY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.hyh.fr
Hi everyone...

like many of us, here I am at the moment of my life where I must (one more time) change my workstation ... poor of me .. hey hey hey ... :)

so I play to find the config that will match me best ...

Since I st up mu compagny in 2004, I use DELL, robust and no problem, can be a bit expensive but I think continue with ... to see .. open to everything.

I started to look on the web what is happening with the components, and then I talked a bit with my computer scientist ...

But your opinion of 3DS corona user and 3D graphic artist interposes me

I'm going to keep my current workstation to manage Lumion, with a 1080 ti and 56 GB ram, as Lumion only works on the GPU it will do and I could still use this tower as a slave for my future corona render farm.

For the design of the new tower, I am based on the softs that I will use daily.

Autocad and Inventor for my models then 3DS and Corona for rendering ...

so I looked for some info on the corona forum and their benchmark ...

https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark/results

I arrived at a config composed of 2 Xeon Platinum 8168 24 core and 128 GB of Ram. (more details in the config attached) I have a nice budget and want to please me ...

I am looking for something very, very fast in terms of calculation, I will recover the 980 ti of my current tower which will be largely enough ..

What about rysen I hear about? does anyone have an opinion on the different Xeon platinium? 128 GB or 192 of ram ?? Do you need a liquid cooling system? dell do not propose it to me in the config ...

thank you in advance for your feedback.