Author Topic: Distributed rendering  (Read 1608 times)

2021-07-24, 11:10:45

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I got 2 questions about DR in Corona7 :

- is there a setting somewhere to include, or not, the maps when sending out the job to the render nodes ?
- would it be possible to send over the calculated data from the render nodes "over the fly", and not at the end of the render in order to speed to the compilation of the render data ?

Thank!

2021-07-26, 09:16:36
Reply #1

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
- is there a setting somewhere to include, or not, the maps when sending out the job to the render nodes ?

Why do you need this? Do you have some problems when some files are transferred when they're not needed (e.g. they're available on some shared drive)?

- would it be possible to send over the calculated data from the render nodes "over the fly", and not at the end of the render in order to speed to the compilation of the render data ?

It already works this way. In the DR settings we have Synchronization interval (defaults to 60 seconds) and Max pixels to transfer at once (defaults to 3 millions). DR slave sends its in-progress data whenever either of these limits is reached. If the master receives data from a slave only at the end of the rendering, this means that the slave rendered for less than 60 seconds and also rendered fewer than 3M pixels, before the master ended the render.

2021-07-26, 11:11:14
Reply #2

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the feedback. Noted for the DR sync time and size.

Concerning the maps, i have all my maps on a shared mapped network drive accross my different work sites, so i was wondering if each time the maps where sent over from the main workstation to the slaves, or if each slave was checking "locally" on the shared drive. (i used to work on vray, where the option is clearly visible, that's why i had the question)