Author Topic: DEMO: C4D R20 won't even startup  (Read 2801 times)

2021-06-03, 21:02:50

aekorps

• Users
    • View Profile
C4D R20 is not responding. I haven't even been able to open C4D R20 since I installed Corona without it going into "Not Responding" in the Task Manager on Windows 10. I see this error every time and it won't close either, even with MANY clicks of both the close X on the actually window and the 'Dismiss' button.

2021-06-04, 09:31:18
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,
is it possible to Force quit the application? (LSHIFT + RSHIFT + DEL) If so, that should produce a _BugReport in your AppData Local Maxon folder, which would be helpful in our investigation.
Additionally, by "DEMO:", are you running a demo version of C4D?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-06-04, 18:42:30
Reply #2

aekorps

• Users
    • View Profile
No, my R20 is the full studio version, not a demo.

The issue is related to my default scene (new.c4d) which loads automatically when C4D opens. It uses Redshift tags, materials, etc and though I've never had an issue with it previously, it must have caused a conflict when Corona is loading. I'm now able to close the Corona colour space warning dialog after removing the new.c4d file and restarting C4D.

new.c4d is normally stored here on Windows:
C:\Users\echol\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Cinema 4D R20_4FA5020E (version number)

I've attached it so you can test/fix the issue.

2021-06-07, 09:47:39
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
We are aware of an issue with Redshift and Corona not working together, and it has been said by the Redshift team that there is not much they can do about it. We are trying to look for a way to not clash with Redshift, but for the time being, it is simply impossible to retain both Corona and Redshift.

I tried the scene and as long as I don't have Redshift installed, it starts correctly without crashes.

Sorry about the inconvenience,
Jan

2021-06-07, 14:52:53
Reply #4

aekorps

• Users
    • View Profile
I was able to open C4D and work with Corona if I just didn't use the custom new.c4d scene and just used the default c4d blank scene. Even with both Redshift and Corona still installed.

2021-06-07, 14:59:15
Reply #5

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Yes, but after you start using both Corona and Redshift, they will start clashing (ever since we introduced material library) - I don't precisely know what the trigger is, but it will happen eventually.

Jan