Author Topic: Corona 3 Release License Question  (Read 19646 times)

2019-01-08, 18:15:19
Reply #15

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
seems a lot of us are in the same situation…. i use 2 cinema4d in 2 diferente computers but only working in one and render in other… 

That's right, in many cases clients do not wait and jobs must be delivered quickly.
Waiting for the render to finish with another scene is not a good option.
2 computers, one to work, create scenes and another to render.
it is the ideal.

Isn't that exactly what Team Render is intended for? With only one machine rendering (and the workstation working as a server) this should work perfectly, because that's the scenario that we often test in the office.

2019-01-08, 18:43:55
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Should all be possible using Team Render. There are two ways to use Team Render:

- Team Render to Picture Viewer
This makes the Workstation you are on, and any render nodes running the C4D Client, all work on the same image at the same time. This will tie up your Workstation (you can still run a second C4D, but your machine will be spending processor power on rendering).

- Team Render using it's web manager
Using this approach, you should be able to send a render job to a node running just the C4D Client, and it will render, leaving your Workstation out of the equation so you can keep on using it. Since it's just using the C4D Client, it just needs one of the Node licenses of Corona Renderer, so the regular "1 Workstation and 3 Render Nodes" would be all you need.

Best bet is to look up tutorials on using Team Render, as it's all part of that functionality so tutorials about Cinema 4D will explain it all (and it works the same for Corona - other than the extra step of running the Corona Licensing Server).

Here are my notes on the second approach - but I still recommend looking up Team Render tutorials, to make sure my information is accurate and complete :)

- Run the C4D Client on any nodes you want to contribute. Since this will be submitted as a job, you'd need to run it on the main machine too if you want it to take part in the rendering (or not, if you want to keep using it at full speed for working on without it doing any rendering)

- Run the C4D Server on the machine that will control it all

- Click on the "World" icon in the C4D Server application to open the web interface. This is where jobs can be scheduled.

- Do not use "Submit Job" in C4D itself. Not really sure what that does.

- In the C4D Server, click the folder icon. This will open the jobs folder. Go into the "admin" folder, and copy the address to this folder.

- Save the project from C4D, using Save Project With Assets, and save it to a new folder under the Cinema4DTeam admin folder (the address copied from the step above). This will create a job in the Web Monitor application, with the name set by the name of the new folder.

- Click on Start in the Jobs list of the Web Server.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-08, 18:46:44
Reply #17

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?
Pardon my ignorance.
I think that team render is just to speed up the render.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

2019-01-08, 18:48:55
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?
Pardon my ignorance.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

See my previous reply - using regular TR to PV, you can run a second C4D, but yes the machine will be slower. Using the web manager for TR, you can send rendering to another machine and leave the machine you are working on out of rendering that (by not running the C4D Client on the main machine).

2019-01-08, 21:16:27
Reply #19

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?...
Yes.

...Pardon my ignorance.

Cinema 4D Team Render at Cineversity [Video Tutorial Playlist]

2019-01-09, 04:10:38
Reply #20

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Seems complicated answer, and goes around me....! I think it will help you in easy reply.
I have one system Mac pro at home and iMac in my small office. there is no render system, both system for work and render. Mostly I do renders at night. If I am at home do from home , if in office do from office. Do I need two licenses...? if It is, I am sorry for that....!

Even can not use if both systems are in different locations...?

Imran, as long as you run only one C4D at a time, you only need one License. But two full copies of Cinema4D (so not just a team render client) running at the same time, even if one is only rendering, will need two licenses, I'm afraid.

Thanks.
iMac is only for very small jobs, when client is visiting to see his job progress, not even run IR to show client if by chance home system is also running....?

No team render, no other node, no c4d client....  One man show and two licenses, sounds not familiar...!
Is there any other option other than buying second license...?
As I bought already one... dont wanna roll back....!

« Last Edit: 2019-01-09, 07:42:36 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-09, 08:44:43
Reply #21

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 I also work on 2 not very powerful macs, sometimes rendering on one and actively working on the other. As a fudge, I just disconnect one of them from the network so they don't conflict, as its easier than using TR.

2019-01-09, 08:52:55
Reply #22

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I also work on 2 not very powerful macs, sometimes rendering on one and actively working on the other. As a fudge, I just disconnect one of them from the network so they don't conflict, as its easier than using TR.

You are using both systems on same network....? I think that's why you have to disconnect the network.

But I am in different locations and different network....!

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-10, 09:45:11
Reply #23

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have 3 Workstations (ie. A,B,C).
Only 2 Workstations (A,B) with cinema 4d are open at the same time (We have two c4d licenses with MSA Agreement).

We also have 10 Teamrender Nodes.

Question:

1. Can Workstations (A,B) use all the 10 Teamrendernodes when we buy "2x Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D - FairSaaS - 1 WS + 5 NODES (12 months)" ?
So we have 2x5 Nodes = 10 Nodes or can one single Workstation only 5 nodes of them?

2. Can we also use Corona on Worksation (C) when only one instance is running from Workstation (A or B).  So (A,C) or (B,C) is only running?

Whats the best choice?

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: 2019-01-10, 10:46:55 by tuami »

2019-01-10, 14:24:30
Reply #24

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

1. The 2 "1 WS + 5 render nodes" is the best solution for you; the total of 10 render nodes can be accessed by both / either of the workstations

2. Yes, the workstation license is floating, so can be used on any machine (but only one machine at once). So with two licenses, you can use any two machines at once out of your three workstations (or indeed out of any number of machines, so long as you are only using it on 2 machines at once, so you could also use it at home on your laptop and so on).

Hope this helps!

2019-01-10, 14:28:16
Reply #25

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, I learned something new about Team Render the other day (thanks Cestmir!) about how to render using TR but NOT to include the workstation you are on (so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering). While the method I mentioned earlier does work, this one is simpler!

- Open the Team Render Machines dialog
- Uncheck the workstation you are on (or any other machine for that matter) that you don't want to contribute
- Run "Team Render to Picture Viewer"
- The Workstation you submit this from will NOT contribute to the render, but it will gather the results from all the Clients and show them in the PV. The one time it will do some processing is during denoising, once the render is finished - other than that, it leaves the workstation you are on out of the rendering.

2019-01-10, 16:27:05
Reply #26

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Also, I learned something new about Team Render the other day (thanks Cestmir!) about how to render using TR but NOT to include the workstation you are on (so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering). While the method I mentioned earlier does work, this one is simpler!

- Open the Team Render Machines dialog
- Uncheck the workstation you are on (or any other machine for that matter) that you don't want to contribute
- Run "Team Render to Picture Viewer"
- The Workstation you submit this from will NOT contribute to the render, but it will gather the results from all the Clients and show them in the PV. The one time it will do some processing is during denoising, once the render is finished - other than that, it leaves the workstation you are on out of the rendering.

Right on! And you can run another C4D instance in "-parallel" mode so that you can have two separate C4Ds open in case you are afraid of a crash or something of that sorts. That way if the instance you are working in crashes you still have the one that is in charge of TR opened.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-01-10, 16:34:06
Reply #27

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This post takes the place of a click on a Like button for the previous comment ;)

2019-01-11, 02:10:26
Reply #28

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile

(so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering)
Sorry if this strays too far from the original licensing thread.

Just to clarify, you can't use IR / VFB on this "disconnected" workstation or the instanced  setup that nkilar mentioned, while the clients are rendering, correct?
So, "full power” is just for better viewport performance while setting up another scene?

If there is not the advantage to use another VFB instance on this machine, maybe a better choice is to leave it connected but reduce the “custom # of render threads” in prefs, if needed.

2019-01-11, 08:19:37
Reply #29

ciciolo

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone adn happy new year :), my question is very easy.

My C4d is installed in 3 pc's (in 3 differente places: home, office, another office) and of course I use only one Pc at time.
Example: I work at Office 1 in the morning, at Office 2 in the afternoon, at home in the weekend. Do I need to move license between all 3 pc everytime? Like ArchiCAD, I need to upload/download from a cloud? I think I don't need 3 licenses.
Thanks