Author Topic: Corona Renderer 3 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 31953 times)

2018-12-21, 16:20:57
Reply #75

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Pretty bummed about the loss of 3D mapping.

Alright, you're right that it would be nice to support the 3D mappings. We'll support them by using the old bump implementation in the noise shader, because the bump was actually OK for the noise shader.

2018-12-21, 17:00:57
Reply #76

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
- By the IR VFB resetting, I suppose you mean the flickering post-processing values, right?

Erm, I haven't run into those in quite a while. What I am experiencing is that once you turn the IR on the settings work. When you turn the IR off and then on again the Post-Processing effects get reset. So basically all the tonemapping, sharpening, curves and so on all of those get reset upon restarting the IR :)

Hi again, Nejc! We just tried this on a simple and on a medium-heavy scenes and in both cases, the post-processing settings are retained when you restart the IR. Does it always happen or is this random? And is there something specific that you have to do in order to experience this issue?

2018-12-21, 17:26:29
Reply #77

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
- By the IR VFB resetting, I suppose you mean the flickering post-processing values, right?

Erm, I haven't run into those in quite a while. What I am experiencing is that once you turn the IR on the settings work. When you turn the IR off and then on again the Post-Processing effects get reset. So basically all the tonemapping, sharpening, curves and so on all of those get reset upon restarting the IR :)

Hi again, Nejc! We just tried this on a simple and on a medium-heavy scenes and in both cases, the post-processing settings are retained when you restart the IR. Does it always happen or is this random? And is there something specific that you have to do in order to experience this issue?

Actually it would appear its working fine in the newest build. It did not work in the W10 build but I can't reproduce the issue in the newest release. I suppose it just popped in for a version. :)
« Last Edit: 2018-12-21, 17:34:02 by nkilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-12-21, 17:35:21
Reply #78

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Actually it would appear its working fine in the newest build. It did not work in the W10 build but I can't reproduce the issue in the newest release. I suppose it just popped in for a version. :)

That's great news! Thanks for the confirmation

2018-12-21, 18:29:52
Reply #79

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
- After one render... open other file for IR... c4d crashes. This also I posted in earlier beta 2 I.

Imran, could you please elaborate this? What do you do exactly to make the crash happen? I looked in the beta 2 daily build thread, but couldn't find any IR crash reported by you.

Have you seen the video (errors.mp4)... at the end, I opened other file and start IR, c4d quits.

I dig out my old post...
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19684.msg122954#msg122954

Background layer also disappears... shown in same video.
My old post;
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19517.msg138459#msg138459

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-21, 18:36:24 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-12-21, 19:54:07
Reply #80

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Have you seen the video (errors.mp4)... at the end, I opened other file and start IR, c4d quits.
[...]
[...]

Thanks, Imran. I found the video. Unfortunately it's not crashing here :-( I'll keep trying.

2018-12-21, 20:08:48
Reply #81

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
[...]
[...]

Thanks, Imran. I found the video. Unfortunately it's not crashing here :-( I'll keep trying.

One file do few IR renders and open other file, change its pixel size high or low and then try IR, I hope it will.

and Background layer is disappears there....?

Thanks Houka.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-12-27, 13:53:19
Reply #82

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I noticed that the denoise does not work on the cxr file, this happens on Windows 7 and Cineam4d R16
While on Cinema4d R19 and windows 10 it works well
Thanks

2018-12-29, 17:45:02
Reply #83

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found a simple little bug that will hopefully have a simple little fix.

Using the Eye Dropper with a Corona Material Diffuse Channel crashes C4D.

2018-12-29, 18:06:29
Reply #84

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hmm, unfortunately it has to be more than that. It doesn't crash for me :-( I create a new Corona Material, click the eyedropper in the Diffuse channel and select a color with it. All without a crash.

2018-12-29, 18:42:21
Reply #85

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, I tried it on a very large scene and it crashed everytime. So I tried with a simple scene, only a cube with a Corona Material Diffuse only. And it crashed also several times.

Running C4D R17 and Corona's latest.

2018-12-29, 18:59:25
Reply #86

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
MacOs 10.13.6 / C4D Studio R18.057/ Build timestamp: Dec 14 2018 17:27:33  Version: 3.0 daily Dec 14 2018 (core 3)

Hi,
not sure if you want us to report bugs for the daily here, or in “bug reports”

The new bump implementation looks and behaves completely different from B2 stable, and earlier.
To recreate: I used HFPatzi’s "Corona Teamrender Quality Issue" scene for testing.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22339.0;attach=94274
See screenshot 1

I’m fully aware that several forum members asked for a better / upgraded bump implementation, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to change something as fundamental as the new bump,  shortly before “hanging on to the B2 stable” might not be an option.

If the new bump makes it into the final release, please consider the option to license the B2 stable version for people that have projects in their pipeline and need additional time to update their materials.

Other things I noticed in the current daily…
In Team Render, rendering does not stop at set noise level or # of passes.
Does not show noise level / # of passes in VFB stats. See screenshot.
Render limits work on single machine rendering.

Corona Image Editor 3:
I get a “Unexpected attribute type” error when trying to open .cxr files.
CXR files saved in "B2 stable" or "B3 daily Dec 14 2018" will not open.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!!!
Frank
« Last Edit: 2018-12-29, 19:04:56 by jojorender »

2018-12-30, 02:13:10
Reply #87

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately Houska, there isn't much more that I can add. Just tried it again on a different Mac running the same Ver. C4d and plugins and the same thing happens. As soon as I click on the eye dropper it quits unexpectedly. I forgot to add that both machines are running Mojave 10.14.1

2018-12-30, 02:22:43
Reply #88

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nevermind. It's not you, it's me. Tried again using a C4D standard material and it too crashes.

2018-12-30, 14:35:40
Reply #89

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Nevermind. It's not you, it's me. Tried again using a C4D standard material and it too crashes.

Thanks for the information. It's good to know that it's not our fault. Maybe you could report this to MAXON?

In any case, we'll be happy to help you with any issue with Corona any time!