Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 2 daily build  (Read 134647 times)

2018-08-14, 15:03:07
Reply #450

katzenwaffe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Katzenwaffe.se
When I use the native Layers-shader in the node editor I don't get any inputs. Just outputs. Is this the way it will work - or is it not finished?

2018-08-14, 15:25:19
Reply #451

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as far as I know the layer shader is not working with nodes at this point.

2018-08-14, 16:36:37
Reply #452

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
But what do you mean by the "Redshift way"? Exposing all the parameters to the node system?

Redshift can take a lot of attributes from the native hair material and create something similar.
I wouldn't expose all of them. That'd be counterintuitive and not very Corona-like. Mainly diffuse and gloss types, but also things like the HSV randomization in the native hair shader to be somehow converted to melanin randomness.
If the native material worked properly, we might not need it.

2018-08-15, 18:20:55
Reply #453

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-08-15, 18:37:23
Reply #454

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Woohoo! CTRL + drag to copy is nice; would it be possible to have it also copy the connections when used? :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-08-15, 18:38:07
Reply #455

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There isn't really a Corona node material - you can think of the node editor as just a different way of viewing all existing materials. No special material required. So there is no difference between a material created in the native C4D material system, and one created in the node system. And of course you can just drag and drop from the native system into the node editor to start viewing and working with that (perfectly ordinary) material in the node editor, no conversion or anything required.

The one thing that is new is the shared map, e.g. I have one Noise map and I can plug that into as many slots as I want, in as many materials as I want. Not only is this nice and easy to view, set up and understand in the node editor, but the new thing is that the one very same map is now in all those inputs for all those materials - adjust the one source map, and you are adjusting it for everything it is connected to (previously, with the native material editing system, I'd end up with separate noise maps in each connection, so if I wanted to change it in all the places equally, I had to manually edit each occurrence of that noise map, once for bump, once for diffuse, once for in another material, and so on).

However the node editor works in such a way that this is pretty much invisible anyway :) You just get what you would intuitively expect - one map, connected to as many places as you like, that you only have to adjust once at the source, even though there is under the hood a magical new Corona Shared Map in use.

My problem is that if I create a new material using the node editor (with some bitmaps or use a bitmap from another material in the screen), then I will save this material in the content browser or copy it to another scene, bitmap will not be saved or copy.
Becouse of that for me idea of shered shader is "one time use" inside one scene

best
Greg

This is actually a bug that we are currently working on - once we manage to fix it, it should be possible to save/load materials with shared shaders in content browser (and copy between documents).

2018-08-15, 18:41:28
Reply #456

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Woohoo! CTRL + drag to copy is nice; would it be possible to have it also copy the connections when used? :)

Currently it copies connections between nodes that are duplicated, so if you select both node and nodes that are connected to it and than CTRL+drag it, it should work... but we should probably add some command/shortcut to select node including its hierarchy to make this easier...

2018-08-15, 18:44:00
Reply #457

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
When I use the native Layers-shader in the node editor I don't get any inputs. Just outputs. Is this the way it will work - or is it not finished?
It is not finished yet, we are still working on some ports-related improvements (this includes layer shader and names of ports shown in Corona Skin material and C4D material)

2018-08-15, 18:49:16
Reply #458

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Currently it copies connections between nodes that are duplicated, so if you select both node and nodes that are connected to it and than CTRL+drag it, it should work... but we should probably add some command/shortcut to select node including its hierarchy to make this easier...

So it does, cool! Also cool is the bounding box select, nice!

On whether it should copy existing connections or not, I guess one for the users to chime in on; I'm just kinda used to it that way from Max, but not to say that it has to be done that way, especially with this functionality of "copy all nodes and connections from what was selected" (as that is something Max doesn't give you an option for, and I can see that being useful where you are already planning on changing some aspects of the new material).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-08-15, 20:28:39
Reply #459

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Just out of curiosity, what is the new bump mapping implementation?

2018-08-16, 00:58:48
Reply #460

nightwalker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The installer does not work: it does not install Corona Image Editor and a Corona Standalone.
MacOs 10.13.6 Corona build 2018_08_15

2018-08-16, 04:22:38
Reply #461

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Alt+Right click drag for Zoom the node, Please!!!!!!!!!!

2018-08-16, 04:50:58
Reply #462

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Being able to D&D Bitmaps is huge, thx!

2018-08-16, 09:45:43
Reply #463

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Image Editor is not part of the installation now (Mac). Lightmix has not been working for the last few builds on saved CXR's and now no image editor, is this a temporary thing or just a glitch. Being able to edit a saved CXR is a really important feature for me.

Thanks!

2018-08-16, 11:49:02
Reply #464

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry about the missing image editor in Mac installer - we will fix that in next daily build. We could also replicate problem with loading CXR in image editor (seems to be problem only on Mac too), so we will try to fix that too...