Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 2 daily build  (Read 132800 times)

2018-08-04, 21:16:15
Reply #375

rozky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
shaders with no input (bitmap, layer,fresnel,color... etc) left click on buttom-left corner of the shader cause corona crash.
Archicad 8-23CZE, Corona Renderer for Archicad Alpha 5

2018-08-06, 07:43:17
Reply #376

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
confirmed on Win64 C4D R18.

Furthermore i noticed that node system is heavily based on the "corona shared" shader but when this is used, bitmaps disappear from c4d texture manager... which always is a big advantage to use.
Would be great if we could get this back working ;)

Nevertheless, great job guys!!!

2018-08-06, 10:35:58
Reply #377

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Great! Let's give Emily some new hair.

2018-08-06, 10:39:31
Reply #378

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Shawn,

I will release new daily build today where Cinema Hair material can be assigned to Hair object together with Corona Hair material so you can use geometry modifying parameters from the Cinema Hair. Later we will implement full Cinema Hair material as I said.

Nikola

Cinema 4D is native hair material controls many of the procedural effects that can be applied to the hair this is the future that is not working. is it possible to get that to work right now without having to generate the actual are geometry and Cinema 4ds viewport?

- Shawn

Hi All,

You should use Corona Hair material on Cinema Hair object for now without generating any polygonal geometry (there is a button in Corona menu for it). In Cinema a lot of parameters which are connected to geometry are in the material definition (but should be in Hair object) and this is the reason, why there is Corona Hair Tag where you can set the thickness of hair and use one material for more Hair objects with different thickness instead of using two copies of material. Later we will implement automatic conversion from Cinema Hair material to Corona Hair material (it shouldn't be difficult) so you can set up hair as you are used to. We just want to stabilize Corona hair first.

Nikola

2018-08-06, 13:03:51
Reply #379

katzenwaffe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Katzenwaffe.se
Is there a setting I've missed to make Corona node editor default (not the native material editor) when double clicking materials?

2018-08-06, 13:16:17
Reply #380

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, some great updates. One issue still is that LightMix info is not being saved when you save a CXR. Thanks.

2018-08-06, 13:21:02
Reply #381

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Is anyone else having a problem with the VFB in the newest version? Each time I hit "render" it resets all the tonemapping settings.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-08-06, 13:31:48
Reply #382

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
have not tested this latest yet but in previous version 'contrast' was not saved in corona cam tag.

mlon

2018-08-06, 17:23:11
Reply #383

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Awesome! Thanks so much! Latest beta is super great BTW!

- Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I will release new daily build today where Cinema Hair material can be assigned to Hair object together with Corona Hair material so you can use geometry modifying parameters from the Cinema Hair. Later we will implement full Cinema Hair material as I said.

Nikola

Cinema 4D is native hair material controls many of the procedural effects that can be applied to the hair this is the future that is not working. is it possible to get that to work right now without having to generate the actual are geometry and Cinema 4ds viewport?

- Shawn

Hi All,

You should use Corona Hair material on Cinema Hair object for now without generating any polygonal geometry (there is a button in Corona menu for it). In Cinema a lot of parameters which are connected to geometry are in the material definition (but should be in Hair object) and this is the reason, why there is Corona Hair Tag where you can set the thickness of hair and use one material for more Hair objects with different thickness instead of using two copies of material. Later we will implement automatic conversion from Cinema Hair material to Corona Hair material (it shouldn't be difficult) so you can set up hair as you are used to. We just want to stabilize Corona hair first.

Nikola

2018-08-06, 22:06:38
Reply #384

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
Ahhh a new build.

Some improve about node shader (Softimage render tree was perfect) wait R20 nodal system too
and scene converter doesnt work totally with substance shader. All channel are not convert (glossiness, normaol map etc..)

2018-08-06, 23:49:45
Reply #385

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-08-07, 00:35:13
Reply #386

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Awesome! Hair is working fantastic now!! Thanks again!

- Shawn

2018-08-07, 01:58:32
Reply #387

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing and the rendering time is fast.
I can already make carpets with this type of finish.
Thank you very much friends, excellent work.

2018-08-07, 02:02:23
Reply #388

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Wowsers! This is fantastic! This is why I love Corona! Thanks so much team!

2018-08-07, 05:10:04
Reply #389

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
About the hair: Great and quick fix, great proposal for the future, thx, guys!

Or (loosely based on an ALF quote about Lucky): "They're quick, I'll give 'em that!"