Author Topic: Roughness and GLossy texture mix strength  (Read 7367 times)

2017-08-15, 21:40:35

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
hi,

Looking for Roughness and GLossy texture mix strength bars in reflection channel.

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-08-15, 23:15:26
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A slider to mix the Glossiness texture with a fixed value is a good idea and would help to adjust glossiness textures without Filter shaders.

For reflection and refraction, of course.

2017-08-16, 12:56:34
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Did you try to use the Mix shader? It can be used anywhere where you'd like to mix a color with a texture.

2017-08-16, 15:06:14
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try to use the Mix shader? It can be used anywhere where you'd like to mix a color with a texture.

I still think these controls should be integral to the channel.

2017-08-17, 16:09:14
Reply #4

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-08-17, 18:43:46
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The value slider never does a thing as soon as the texture slot is occupied.
The mix shader works, so does the filter shader, but I don't think a mix mode integrated for Glossiness would clutter the interface but, to the contrary, simplify the process of adjusting a material.

2017-08-17, 19:28:52
Reply #6

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Maxon should grey out the other values when a texture is loaded into the Texture slot. I feel like that would make things less confusing.

2017-09-03, 13:43:04
Reply #7

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for mix mode slider, mix strength slider and please also invert texture checkbox for all reflection parameters texture slots
I really miss that and could speed up my daily work significantly
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2017-09-24, 17:41:12
Reply #8

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
The value slider never does a thing as soon as the texture slot is occupied.
The mix shader works, so does the filter shader, but I don't think a mix mode integrated for Glossiness would clutter the interface but, to the contrary, simplify the process of adjusting a material.

This :) To be honest its very similar to what is going in 3ds Max where you can occupy the glossiness texture slot and then control its mix effect by just adjusting one setting. When working with 3ds Max I've noticed it comes super handy and its how I zone in on the perfect value for simple materials. In C4D it just takes 3 more extra steps if we don't have that mix slider.

Besides, if the goal is making Corona similar in all the apps then I think this will also help that. We have it for the reflection strength anyway  so... :)

(found the image on Google, hope nobody is going to be mad for my re-use here :))
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-11-13, 18:16:29
Reply #9

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
+1 for a mixing slider. I find the slider very quick and useful when mixing/finetuning my reflection/roughness maps, instead of having to add extra mixing/filter/layer shaders.. The mixing sliders are already there in the native C4D reflection channels (and also in VrayforC4D), so IMO it would just make Corona work more like the native C4D shader system. See attached screenshots.