Author Topic: Slow material preview  (Read 1779 times)

2017-06-29, 18:44:14

sonnar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm getting incredibly slow previews on materials which have normal/displacement on them, it's kinda difficult to adjust them, since after every change everything freezes for 4-6 seconds. I tried to set the quality of preview to 0, reducing preview sphere to 0, but it is still slow. And while adjusting diffuse or other channels I can temporarily switch bump/displacement off, to adjust said channels obviously I can't keep them off :) Is there any workaround or setting I missed? If it is possible to turn previews off completely this would work for me.
I'm on B1 daily Apr 21 2017, win 8.1, c4d R18. I don't have any additional anti-malware/firewalls, except native win defender, and I also don't have vray or any other renders installed on this machine. There is enough free ram, and I got not the slowest 3930K@4500Ghz

2017-06-29, 19:02:56
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi and thank you for your report. Slow material previews are a known bug and we will be fixing that soon (see the roadmap). As for the freezing, maybe lowering the processor count in settings would help? Check this thread, I think it's the same issue: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,16483.0.html