Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207160 times)

2017-11-08, 15:38:00
Reply #825

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
to solve, provide a scene file
if under NDA, prepare so you don't break the contract or send to developers for a look

2017-11-08, 15:48:25
Reply #826

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
This happens only in IR, right? Because in normal renderer, we're not reading the normals from the normal tag at all.

2017-11-08, 19:13:20
Reply #827

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This happens only in IR, right? Because in normal renderer, we're not reading the normals from the normal tag at all.

No. This happens in both the IR and Final Render... Thanks for the reply, I send you guys a private message with a scene file to check out... Let me know!

Thanks again!

- Shawn

2017-11-09, 03:28:51
Reply #828

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone having issues with denoising in the latest builds? For me it's seems like it's not working at all

Also finding bloom/glare extremely unreliable as it only works when it feels like it ahah

2017-11-09, 04:10:23
Reply #829

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've had this issue before with Corona... (See attached renderings) for some reason Corona does not seem to be rendering Cinema's normals correctly... This is a model out of MOI and Fusion 360. Arnold, Redshift, and Physical renderers have no issues with these normals... I have a feeling this has to do with Cinema's (Normal Tag [Normal]) not being read correctly by Corona...

Anyone know how to fix this in C4D or is this a known bug with Corona for Cinema? Really wanted to use Corona on a big upcoming project...

Thanks, guys!!!

- Shawn

After playing around a bit more I think this is definitely an issue of Corona not interpreting the vertex normals correctly from the normal tag...

2017-11-09, 20:27:56
Reply #830

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
Few questions about team render and Corona, I don't know which of these are known bugs: Denoiser dont work and noise limit does not work.... These are two I have encountered while testing, let me know does previous builds have the same problem.

Thanks

2017-11-09, 21:26:21
Reply #831

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
-misread that it was about team render, the post can be deleted-

2017-11-09, 21:31:45
Reply #832

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Working on a project now and while moving the default camera around (viewport camera) the IR exposure keeps resetting it's self back to 0.0...

- Shawn

2017-11-10, 04:12:00
Reply #833

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
Working on a project now and while moving the default camera around (viewport camera) the IR exposure keeps resetting it's self back to 0.0...

- Shawn

I've had similar issues when chaining the tone mapping settings in the VFB, seems like its almost locking the settings of the render settings rather than override them?

2017-11-10, 14:10:30
Reply #834

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Few questions about team render and Corona, I don't know which of these are known bugs: Denoiser dont work and noise limit does not work.... These are two I have encountered while testing, let me know does previous builds have the same problem.

Thanks

Hi,

noise limit and adaptivity doesn't work in TR right now (some changes in core must be implemented to support it in TR). Denoising should work in TR, I will check it.

Nikola

2017-11-10, 14:35:24
Reply #835

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have gone back to the November 3rd build.  I am experiencing crashes every time I render a new camera view.  This has nothing to do with IR as I'm not using it.  This build seem to be one of the less stable all around.

2017-11-10, 15:08:46
Reply #836

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have gone back to the November 3rd build.  I am experiencing crashes every time I render a new camera view.  This has nothing to do with IR as I'm not using it.  This build seem to be one of the less stable all around.
Hi Kevin,

I am sorry for the crashes. I would like to fix them so could you please better describe how to reproduce your issues?

Thank you
Nikola

2017-11-10, 15:17:19
Reply #837

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola.  No need to apologize.  Sorry if I came off as frustrated.  I'm not - I think you guys are doing a great job and I realize there are always issues when adding new features.  I will upload the scene from home tonight.  Thanks!

BTW - All I need to do is switch from one previously rendered camera view to another and it will crash when I attempt the new render.

2017-11-10, 15:41:20
Reply #838

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-11-10, 16:19:55
Reply #839

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news on the denoiser? I don't see it mentioned on the log. I don't know it it' universal but I'm not the only one that thinks it doesn't seem to be working at all