Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207208 times)

2017-11-05, 10:27:06
Reply #810

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
in the material under volumes, then there's a drop-down menu on top.

2017-11-05, 16:50:12
Reply #811

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I install the latest beta but not finding new SSS material, where it hidden... wanna give a try. Thanks.
Just gotta look harder ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-11-05, 19:05:03
Reply #812

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks for update.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-11-05, 20:44:28
Reply #813

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
Great work so far on the IR guys, very well done!, a few kinks to sort out but it's really amazing so far.
would it it be possible to add a restart IR script/button? some features like displacement require a full IR restart
to work again.

Thanks a lot!

2017-11-05, 20:55:09
Reply #814

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
Also, Post Processing , LUT , bloom and glare seem to reset on changes when IR is active, is this intended? (no corona camera tag used)
perhaps there is a way to lock these and contour to work in IR mode in the VFB

2017-11-06, 18:58:09
Reply #815

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's hard to believe how amazing each update is, you can definitely tell the difference and the work put in, brilliant job!

Here is a quick light chocolate with the new SSS, still figuring it out, but already loving it

2017-11-06, 19:12:19
Reply #816

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile

2017-11-06, 19:20:36
Reply #817

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can find this and other equally amazing scans for free here: http://threedscans.com/

2017-11-06, 23:34:45
Reply #818

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can find this and other equally amazing scans for free here: http://threedscans.com/

It looks sweeter in chocolate ;)

Thx for the link :)

2017-11-07, 11:44:40
Reply #819

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

Having a little problem recently (a few weeks i'd say, not sure) and i have no idea if it comes from me... or something else.

Basically as you can see on this simple scene, when i have a "direct" lighting in front my camera i have weird results in my floor reflection :
01 - Back : No problem
02 - Front : No direct lighting on floor
03 - Front with higher glossiness : weird results
04 - Front, no reflection : Direct lighting is back

I'm afraid i can't find a way around this one, client wants this specific view with direct lighting -_-
Any suggestion appreciated !

Notes : i have tried HDRI and sun / sky with similar results.
Edit : tried path tracing, no diffuse, phong tag removal, geometry check, same results.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-07, 11:57:48 by Aenard »

2017-11-07, 12:49:44
Reply #820

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

Having a little problem recently (a few weeks i'd say, not sure) and i have no idea if it comes from me... or something else.

Basically as you can see on this simple scene, when i have a "direct" lighting in front my camera i have weird results in my floor reflection :

I'm afraid i can't find a way around this one, client wants this specific view with direct lighting -_-

Edit : tried path tracing, no diffuse, phong tag removal, geometry check, same results.

Hi! Could you provide the scene via our private uploader, so that we can check it out?

Edit: In any case, it seems to me you (or your client) want to hack the way the natural light transport works, so the solution might not be straightforward.

2017-11-07, 13:43:52
Reply #821

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Could it have to do with the "occlude other lights" checkbox?

2017-11-07, 14:10:55
Reply #822

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

Hi! Could you provide the scene via our private uploader, so that we can check it out?

Edit: In any case, it seems to me you (or your client) want to hack the way the natural light transport works, so the solution might not be straightforward.

Ok so while cleaning the scene for upload i just tried something and TADA, the problem comes from my background (if i delete it, it works).
I went a bit further and tried a  few things, and while reworking my background material with the traditional approach (ray switch material) it now work with the sun / sky package, but not with the HDRI. I made a clean scene with clear separation between the two lighting packages for testing purpose and just uploaded it ( 1510060018_v3.7z ).
I might be missing something, in wich case i apologise, but so far i don't see what !

2017-11-07, 15:43:37
Reply #823

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-11-08, 00:04:42
Reply #824

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've had this issue before with Corona... (See attached renderings) for some reason Corona does not seem to be rendering Cinema's normals correctly... This is a model out of MOI and Fusion 360. Arnold, Redshift, and Physical renderers have no issues with these normals... I have a feeling this has to do with Cinema's (Normal Tag [Normal]) not being read correctly by Corona...

Anyone know how to fix this in C4D or is this a known bug with Corona for Cinema? Really wanted to use Corona on a big upcoming project...

Thanks, guys!!!

- Shawn