Author Topic: A Bitmap Blur node to control blur independently  (Read 1611 times)

2021-06-24, 20:47:26

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I always want my textures to look sharp, but can't use the same bitmap node for diffuse and bump because bump mapping doesn't seem to work ok with blur at 0.1. So I need to copy the bitmap node (or even worse, a multimap nose) to use one in diffuse and another in bump.

If there was a blur node I could use the same bitmap for everything and just plug this node to change the blur depending on where it goes.

Thanks.

2021-06-24, 21:13:43
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can plug a bitmap through Corona bump converter node and control blurring separately.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-25, 20:29:05
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can plug a bitmap through Corona bump converter node and control blurring separately.

Thank you romullus. I was hoping for an answer like yours.
I thought that node had an additional effect on anything that was plugged to it.

2021-06-25, 21:09:46
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know if it would work for the channels other than bump, but since you specifically mentioned bump in your request, then maybe it could be a viable option for you. You'd also need to test how it would work in the scenario where you basically disable blurring in bitmap node and then try to re-introduce it with bump converter.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures