Author Topic: Mix of two materials with blending from coronadistance?  (Read 1762 times)

2020-09-24, 13:49:16

dwachonski

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

recently I have approached a problem/question concerning materials. I have made a scene with a view from the park and I would like to apply different material to the grassfield and a path, which are currently separated by CoronaDistance applied to scale of scatters. Now there's a question - is it possible to use this as a blending map for mixing two materials? That would be the first question, because I failed to use it directly. Secondly - is it possible to use the outputs of two coronaMtl's for this, or do I need to use the CoronaMix for every bitmap?

Thank you for your help!

2020-09-24, 17:22:25
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can mix multiple materials using the Corona Layered Mtl. Just plug one material as the base layer and the other one as the layer 2. You can also add more.
Then use your Corona Distance map as the Mask 1 (or Mask 2, etc, depending on the number of materials you are mixing).
The mask will be interpreted in the usual way - black = no material, white = material fully visible.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us