Author Topic: how to clone a map instead of copy  (Read 1889 times)

2020-09-23, 09:46:49

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm following UVW randomizer map tutorial on the following page,
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000039642-corona-uvw-randomizer-map

At the brick section how do you clone the Uvw Randomizer map for displacement map instead of making a copy? I usually click and drag to make a copy of a map but not sure if that makes a clone or copy. Please advise.

2020-09-23, 10:29:19
Reply #1

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
You just have to click and drag to copy the map (copy/clone mean the same thing). As long as both maps have the same settings, then displacement and diffuse will be randomised in the same way.
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2020-09-23, 10:46:23
Reply #2

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ahh~, I was thinking about instance actually, don't see any way to do so. But thanks for your reply.

2020-09-23, 11:04:12
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Full clone is a meaningless concept in slate material editor, since you can plug the same map into as many material slots, as you need without the need to clone the map itself. However you can link one, or several parameters of two, or more different maps and make them partial clones. This is done with controller nodes. Check the 3ds max help on how to do this, or you can try to search the forum for controllers, since this concept has been discussed many times here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-09-23, 11:35:03
Reply #4

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's true, will look into the controllers which sounds complicated a bit. Thanks.

2020-09-23, 17:42:33
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As far as I understand you would like to control multiple textures with the UVW Randomizer in the same way, right? So, for example, if you have a brick diffuse texture, brick normal map, and brick glossiness map, you want to adjust all of them with a single UVW Randomizer or with multiple ones, but in the same way all the time.

If that's the case, then we are aware of the need for such a features and we are thinking what would be the best way to solve it.

(Internal ID=519549099)
« Last Edit: 2020-09-23, 17:47:07 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-09-23, 19:44:25
Reply #6

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, exactly, glad to hear you guys are working on it and hope to see it soon.