Author Topic: Incredible vray  (Read 3908 times)

2013-08-12, 12:55:15

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
1920x1080, two glass cube side by side with a plane in the middle with a texture, 16 Workstation the oldest one 3 years old = 59 minutes.
Are you still with vray?
Davide Chicco - www.metrovisual.co.uk

2013-08-12, 13:07:59
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well either you suck at scene optimization or you have really poorly cracked version. There are some cases where corona may perform slightly faster than Vray, but there definitely are not any cases where Vray can not be optimized to perform reasonably well.

2013-08-12, 13:30:39
Reply #2

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
Maybe you are right I have still a lot to learn about vray :)

2013-08-12, 13:45:42
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
There are some cases where corona may perform slightly faster than Vray, but there definitely are not any cases where Vray can not be optimized to perform reasonably well.
Thanks for this brilliantly worded quote.
Unless we have the right tools finished there is imho no point in comparing/ranting with vray. I love corona - but without adaptivity and some more complex features it's (yet) not something I can actually use in production, at least not if i want to do animation and realistic render times.
There are some cases where corona can play out its strengths (unbiased methods) where Vrays biased stuff just fails - but this is just a tiny percentage of daily work. What I learned from the year of using corona is that it's a lovely tool to work with but it's still taking way too much time to get clean images - way longer than 95% of Vray renderings - which is also due to the fact that it's not adaptive.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-08-12, 14:17:11
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what is this i dont even ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-12, 14:25:53
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It's a special render element showing which node rendered which bucket (with DR)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-08-12, 14:30:08
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, that is the only thing I understood, the rest of the message is a mystery ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-12, 14:56:32
Reply #7

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
Yeah I know