Author Topic: [►C4D] Procedural Dunes and Sand (1.01)  (Read 5497 times)

2018-05-17, 19:42:37

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
A simple dune setup (Size 100 meters) you can use as your base. Everything procedural.
You can easily adjust the dunes from the two gradients and their turbulence modifiers.
When changing those, don't forget to copy the same settings into the color channel.
(Material: dunes)Unfortunately, the weathering shader had to be used to blur the material to one side.
You can control the gradients (grad1 & grad2) from the displacement channel and they will be applied to the color channel.
unfortunately, this is not possible for the modifiers (transform etc.)

It's slow in the beginning but clears up quickly. You might need to increase the samples (weathering shader )for that or try using the unit displacement.
be careful with that as low poly artifacts may break the slopes shading or the shape becoming too sharp.

Use the Layered material as the main material.
Displacement height exaggerated due to weathering shader smoothing too much.
You have to adjust the scales for your scene

Optional bump for the Sand for close-ups.'(Material: dunes)

Add an HDRI with a strong sunlight to the light material if you don't use CRN Sun.

Another type of dune setup if you prefer another workflow. The material is called "experimental".

Subdivision type "loop" recommended for units displacement - if available in your C4D version.

This material is more intended as a foundation or to be mixed with geometry and/or more layers. On a small scale, it can be used for other things.

I like my coffee with milk and sugar

My stuff on Corona Materials for C4D
« Last Edit: 2018-05-19, 22:17:18 by Eddoron »