Author Topic: [solved] Realistic snow in Corona  (Read 37697 times)

2015-12-07, 13:07:24
Reply #15

micmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-11-18, 17:53:58
Reply #16

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Reviving an old thread for C4D users.

Would someone be kind enough to take a screen grab of the material setup so I can have a go at recreating this in C4D?

Cheers

2016-11-18, 18:10:18
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Bear in mind, it's not converted over to the PBR mode!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-11-18, 18:27:09
Reply #18

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Many thanks Tom, do you know if we've got vector displacement in C4D yet?

2017-02-24, 09:24:27
Reply #19

3dsmaxnoob

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi I'm new to 3DS Max. Your scenes can't be used by me cause I use V-Ray as a renderer, not Corona. Why don't you guys use V-Ray? it's the most popular one.

I was thinking of using the sparks.png on my snow. Do I add it in ME through Bitmap  like we normally do?
The sparks.png is colored, can I just simply change the color of it so my snow the color of  the sparks (purple, blue)?

2017-02-24, 09:54:20
Reply #20

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Why don't you guys use V-Ray?

Because I like the rotating smiley while rendering. It´s the most popular one. Can´t live without it. V-Ray does not have this.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-02-24, 10:48:55
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think you've mixed forums, Vray users goes here: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/ ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-24, 11:20:59
Reply #22

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi I'm new to 3DS Max. Your scenes can't be used by me cause I use V-Ray as a renderer, not Corona. Why don't you guys use V-Ray? it's the most popular one.

Not always the most popular things in life are the best solutions too... Be open minded and stop following the mass! :)

Dionysios -

2017-02-24, 11:39:34
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Why don't you guys use V-Ray? it's the most popular one.

10/10 logic, using vray now ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-02-24, 15:47:33
Reply #24

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
I use V-Ray as a renderer, not Corona. Why don't you guys use V-Ray? it's the most popular one.
No ? Where are you dude ? Your search on google has been unsuccessful unless it is normal that you redirected to this forum?
But no, there is no Vray answers here...
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2017-02-26, 10:35:05
Reply #25

3dsmaxnoob

• Users
    • View Profile
Wow so many stuck up idiots in this forum, a beginner can't ask an innocent question.

2017-02-26, 10:48:26
Reply #26

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Wow so many stuck up idiots in this forum, a beginner can't ask an innocent question.
The reason nobody gave you a straight answer, is because the situation is really funny and everyone decided to troll you. In fact, because it was so innocent.

This Forum is specific to one renderer and it's development - Corona Renderer. The name is in the Url and in the banner of the forum.
Corona competes with V-Ray, as it was designed to work around some issues V-Ray was / is plagued by (Difficulty of setup, too slow in unbaised mode etc.)
As such, you will not find information or help for V-Ray specific setups, as nobody uses it here, or left V-Ray for Corona.

From a technical standpoint V-Ray and Corona target a very similar demographic, so any technical / physical help you can use in V-Ray just as well as in Corona.
But setup and Renderer related problems, you will not find solutions for here.

Romullus had a soft spot in his hearth and already linked the proper place for your questions, the V-Ray forum.
I think you've mixed forums, Vray users goes here: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/ ;]

Good luck in your endeavor :]

ps: You know the trolling is so goddamn tempting, when even the lead dev joins in
« Last Edit: 2017-02-26, 10:51:57 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-02-26, 11:57:17
Reply #27

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Ondra, if this one doesn't get printed and stuck on your board I'll be sorely disappointed... :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-02-28, 03:44:44
Reply #28

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Because I like the rotating smiley while rendering...
good to know that I'm not alone :)
Ondra, if this one doesn't get printed and stuck on your board I'll be sorely disappointed... :)
lol!

2018-01-09, 09:47:41
Reply #29

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering snow is very problematic because:

Snow in reasonable distance (>2m) can be easily faked with overall bump and SSS. Snow from up close won't be looking good unless you physically model individual snowflakes - at least approximately.

Now, there are solutions to render good looking snow up close, and good looking snow in distance, but good looking snow from up close takes tremendous amount of rendertime and RAM. So when you need to see snow closeup and distant snow in one shots, it can get little problematic, especially in animation where you zoom in to the ground and close up on the snow surface.

If you are doing stills, it could be manageable though.

Here's the result I've got:

And I am also attaching scene, but it's Max 2016 and you will also need latest daily because of vector displacement.

Sorry to reignite this thread, but in the scene you made available, what is the box surrounding the snow geometry doing?