Author Topic: How to render a photo-realistic syringe  (Read 6516 times)

2016-08-12, 11:56:39

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm gonna make a realistic syringe. I know that I need to use Corona blend material for such a model (one material for grades and another for transparent plastic) but my problem is the transparent plastic. Please take a snapshot of the material setting which can produce such a realistic transparent material for the syringe. I've added a real syringe and as you see it has a whitish transparent material. Please help me.
Thanks.

2016-08-12, 15:29:43
Reply #1

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Hey fa2020! :) I believe there was topic about that material not long ago where maru made a material that was quite good for that purpose!

I have tried to create some quick low-poly syringe model and a material for you so I hope it helps a bit. You can use it as a base and tweak upon it if you need more of a matte/clear look.

Test render and material screenshot in attachment :)

Good luck!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2016-08-17, 14:46:36
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
When looking at the thicker elements of that syringe you can clearly see that the material is volumetric. So here is my attempt with sss enabled:

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-18, 20:37:25
Reply #3

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you

2016-11-03, 07:22:28
Reply #4

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I've provided you a reference photo which may be a 3d render by itself. I  modeled such an object. I tried to make such a material but I couldn't get the exact same result. As you see in the reference photo, there is some amount of whitish scattering and absorbtion.
Please help me to make this material in Corona. Please take a snapshot of the Corona material or save it in max file, if it's possible for you.
Thanks.
My result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrtdui0t6glcchy/my-result.jpg?dl=0
3ds max 2016 file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/012nlqh8wm7xqt8/Corona-max2016.max?dl=0
Reference image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjjdk8y247kfu4j/1412096040_5380033.jpg?dl=0
« Last Edit: 2016-11-03, 13:04:55 by fa2020 »

2016-11-03, 11:57:03
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-03, 12:14:56
Reply #6

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, seriously?! https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12781.0.html
Thank you for your response. I tested those settings too but it cannot render a realistic result. I really confused.

2016-11-03, 12:18:00
Reply #7

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Maru already solved the problem in your first thread with his awesome eye-hand-corona coordination, by providing you with a small scale light scattering version of the syringe plastic.

From here on out everything you want is based on your desires and personal vision. The forum users were kind enough to take time from what they do to make materials based on your photo. Now you have to develop it into your own. No amount of words will ever match your vision in your head.

Also, frowny smileys and direct requests "take a snapshot of the Corona material or save it in max file" are definitely things, that will put people off from helping you. Even a thanks after that implies, that you don't appreciate the work others do, even if you really do. Don't open up new threads based on old requests.

I tried to make such a material but I couldn't get the exact same result.
Well thats the job of a 3D visualizer! Try to play with the base material Maru provided and once you can match your vision, it will be all the more a juicy victory, once you succeeded in your job.

For technical questions, you can always hit up the forums. Good luck :]
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-11-03, 12:24:12
Reply #8

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru already solved the problem in your first thread with his awesome eye-hand-corona coordination, by providing you with a small scale light scattering version of the syringe plastic.

From here on out everything you want is based on your desires and personal vision. The forum users were kind enough to take time from what they do to make materials based on your photo. Now you have to develop it into your own. No amount of words will ever match your vision in your head.

Also, frowny smileys and direct requests "take a snapshot of the Corona material or save it in max file" are definitely things, that will put people off from helping you. Even a thanks after that implies, that you don't appreciate the work others do, even if you really do. Don't open up new threads based on old requests.

I tried to make such a material but I couldn't get the exact same result.
Well thats the job of a 3D visualizer! Try to play with the base material Maru provided and once you can match your vision, it will be all the more a juicy victory, once you succeeded in your job.

For technical questions, you can always hit up the forums. Good luck :]
Thank you.

2016-11-03, 12:29:24
Reply #9

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I just downloaded Marus file and made a 1 min render. Everything seems to work fine. The result is attached. Whats your problem with this file/result?

2016-11-03, 12:42:18
Reply #10

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you think this result is as same as the reference image?
I applied Maru's settings.

2016-11-03, 13:04:21
Reply #11

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found a big bug in Corona 1.5. When I apply Maru's material in my scene the result is what you see above but when I open Maru's file and import my mesh into his file and apply his material, it works. I don't know why!
« Last Edit: 2016-11-03, 13:09:44 by fa2020 »

2016-11-03, 14:16:15
Reply #12

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The new PBR mode will make the reflection differ a bit - but nothing that can't be tweaked to look the same. And if you are using different scene scale , then the absorption distance needs to be adjusted accordingly.

2016-11-03, 14:42:18
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Merged the topics.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures