Author Topic: Corona architecture features  (Read 1549 times)

2019-03-20, 21:14:48

dragan_ilic

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

here are my idea, i think corona should make more features for architecture visualisation, if you look at sites like behance you see a lot of architecture work what is done with corona,
i think the most stuff you find is doing with corona, is architecture visualisation.

so here is the list:

1) Better dirtmaps like f.e. Richdirt plugin, Corona_AO should implement Streak Map where you can set up the length and how wash out it should be.

2) A new map where you can paint over multiple geometrie objects as an map (for a mask), f.e. you can pick the object in a multibox and now you can paint on the selection like vertex color (look at uploaded pictures "1.jpg")

3) Sometimes you have little time to finish your projects and need to do alot of quick and dirty materials, f.e. in the back of the picture. for that a new simple material, like "coronaQuickMtl" corona quick material, would be perfect.
Where you only need one texture (f.e. diffuse map) and coronaQuickMtl would automatic set it in greyscal for reflection and refl. gloss. and bump. (look at uploaded pictures "2.jpg")

4) An icon where you can pick an object in the Scene, f.e. bathtub (because your client produced it and want a rendering in a bathroom scene). The Object that is in the list is no longer influenced by the scene light reflection, but will take the reflection from the scene objects (f.e. floor, wall, etc).
And now you can also pick new lights in the icon, Which only illuminate/reflect the bathtub. The picked lights just illuminate the picked objects.(look at uploaded pictures "3.jpg")

sorry for the long text and thanks to the corona team, great work

Dragan

2019-04-04, 15:41:56
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks, we will look into your request and decide what exactly can be done. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-04-06, 19:49:41
Reply #2

Ash.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

here are my idea, i think corona should make more features for architecture visualisation, if you look at sites like behance you see a lot of architecture work what is done with corona,
i think the most stuff you find is doing with corona, is architecture visualisation.

so here is the list:

1) Better dirtmaps like f.e. Richdirt plugin, Corona_AO should implement Streak Map where you can set up the length and how wash out it should be.

2) A new map where you can paint over multiple geometrie objects as an map (for a mask), f.e. you can pick the object in a multibox and now you can paint on the selection like vertex color (look at uploaded pictures "1.jpg")

3) Sometimes you have little time to finish your projects and need to do alot of quick and dirty materials, f.e. in the back of the picture. for that a new simple material, like "coronaQuickMtl" corona quick material, would be perfect.
Where you only need one texture (f.e. diffuse map) and coronaQuickMtl would automatic set it in greyscal for reflection and refl. gloss. and bump. (look at uploaded pictures "2.jpg")

4) An icon where you can pick an object in the Scene, f.e. bathtub (because your client produced it and want a rendering in a bathroom scene). The Object that is in the list is no longer influenced by the scene light reflection, but will take the reflection from the scene objects (f.e. floor, wall, etc).
And now you can also pick new lights in the icon, Which only illuminate/reflect the bathtub. The picked lights just illuminate the picked objects.(look at uploaded pictures "3.jpg")

sorry for the long text and thanks to the corona team, great work

Dragan

For number 3 I use a shader setup that is in my favourites material library with a single empty bitmap (be it vray HDR or corona bitmap) that is linked to 3 color correction nodes that already desaturated for reflection and glossiness and also one to diffuse if i want to change hue or contrast or whatnot. And then a vraycolor2bmp (don't know if corona has a equivalent) for the bmp. That way I can create quick materials quite fast for a first look.