Author Topic: Custom shape render region?  (Read 1072 times)

2023-11-16, 17:44:40

TeoRossi93

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys!
I was wondering if is there any chance to get an option to draw a custom render region, free hand or using something like the polygonal lazo in Photoshop.
In attached screenshot for example, I should need only the dark green area to be render.

Yes, I know there's the include list, sometime tho would be better to have the "polygonal region"
Matteo Rossi 3D - https://www.teorossi.it/

2023-11-21, 09:30:11
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Use render selected. just drag in the geo for that part.

On a slight tangent I do wish that it was possible to use render selected with some padding, as on areas with stronger DoF it wouls avoid dark fringing.

2023-11-21, 10:23:07
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
On a slight tangent I do wish that it was possible to use render selected with some padding, as on areas with stronger DoF it wouls avoid dark fringing.

Actually Corona has so called fuzzy region, you can activate it by ctrl-dragging edge of regular region in the VFB, unless it's not implemented in C4D version.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-21, 12:03:12
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats

Actually Corona has so called fuzzy region, you can activate it by ctrl-dragging edge of regular region in the VFB, unless it's not implemented in C4D version.
Indeed it does ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-22, 10:00:46
Reply #4

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, how interesting. Who knew!
(Although in my case the buffer area/extra padding was for Render Selected rather than Render region, where you could just make the region a bit bigger anyway.