Author Topic: Any update about V-ray o Corona material converter  (Read 1678 times)

2023-08-02, 08:52:22

Sia_Zen

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

We are a producing goods company which use Cinema 4D with Corona renderer for presenting our products. Still, since most of the existing props on the internet use V-ray than Corona,  I was wondering if there is any hope of adding a new material converter from V-ray to Corona just like the one used at 3Ds max.

If not, we probably have to migrate from Corona to V-ray which would be a real pain! :(

Thanks,
Sia

2023-08-02, 09:32:55
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, we are actively looking into ways to improve our scene converter. I hope to have more news for you soon. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-03, 00:46:13
Reply #2

Sia_Zen

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, we are actively looking into ways to improve our scene converter. I hope to have more news for you soon. :)
Thanks for your response Beanzvision!

2023-10-31, 12:01:27
Reply #3

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for the new converter, it might be great to have it work in BOTH directions. i imagine if done one way, it is pretty easy to add the reverse feature.

most time we might want to convert Vray to corona, but there are cases like for chaos vantage where we might need to convert corona to Vray mats.
same with c4d materials, it might be good to not only convert c4d internal mats to Corona but also reverse.

i hope you can consider that and make Corona again the best and mots perfect work and render tools:)

2023-10-31, 12:15:42
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, each team is responsible for conversion TO their engine, since they understand their engine fully :) So converting to V-Ray is something the V-Ray team handles (where we of course help out as required). You can always make the request on the V-Ray forums ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us