Author Topic: Corona UVW randomizer  (Read 3456 times)

2021-03-19, 15:41:44

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

When we use the corona UVW randomizer, we need to make a copy of this shader to all the slots? (for ex. diffuse, roughtness, bump, displacement, etc) so all shaders match the randomization?
If we use a corona bitmap in the UVW randomizer the material preview gets distorted, if we use the native bitmap shader material preview is ok.
Therefore my question is, there are any diference using corona bitmap on UVW randomizer or C4d bitmap? following up on this, is there a diference at all in general about corona bitmap and native one?

Using last daily, C4d R23.
Thank you.

2021-03-19, 16:18:09
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

if you are working with the node material editor, copying the shader is not necessary, as you can very simply link it to one shader group.
Regarding the corona bitmap/native bitmap - I don't quite follow, what is happening, as I cannot observe any noticeable distortion. Mind sending us a scene in which this is easily reproducible?
In any case, I would recommend using the solution with which you feel most comfortable with. There are some limitations to Corona Bitmap that we know of, so it is probably safer to use the native solution at this moment.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-03-20, 16:48:48
Reply #2

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jan,

Thank you for so fast reply.
Can you please explain how to link it to one shader group! I don't quite understood.
Please find attached 2 screenshot of what I meant, one the usually set up with copied UVW randomiser and other one with the distortion problem in the material preview.

Thank you for so good work with Corona Render,
Best.

2021-03-23, 11:42:20
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

using a shared shader which I mentioned only works for identical bitmaps (e.g. if you wanted the diffuse and the displacement maps to be the same), not applicable here.
Anyhow, by distortion, do you mean that one of the previews is lower resolution or that the tiles are squished (rectangles from previously squares)?
Additionally, does this affect the render result at all?

Thanks,
Jan

2021-03-23, 18:50:00
Reply #4

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

yes, by distortion I mean the preview only (rectangles instead of squeres in the squered tiles exemple screenshot),
but in the render result I dont notice any diference :)

Thank you again,
Best
Luis

2021-03-24, 11:27:31
Reply #5

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Thanks for clarifying, I can reproduce and confirm this issue.
Seeing as it is a very minor one, you should not expect a priority fix :)

Thanks,
Jan

(Internal ID=662999125)